Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Bit of Whine

Friends, why oh why don't I learn?

It's simple really: the medication I'm taking makes me more susceptible to sunburn. Me...who never sunburns...except for that one time...remember that one time Sandra? I still have the lotion...and believe me, I'm using it! Thanks!

I spent yesterday in it's entirety working outside. And my arms...my poor arms...oh...the pain...

Here...I'll share with you the pain:

I'll still be working outside...but I'm armed with a long sleeved shirt...and sunscreen...not that I'll need it...it's cold again.

Oh...and just one more thing...

Last night I brought a Cafe Rio salad home for dinner. We love Cafe Rio. I was right in the middle of a delicious bite of chicken and guacamole when Jason said, "I have a confession...I watched 24 without you."

I said, "You jerk!" (I said it with love...don't worry.) 24 has been tempting me since Monday night...and yet I've skipped over it every time...waiting until I could watch it with Jason...which might not have been until July seeing as how he's leaving tomorrow and will be gone a month. Oh...he will be home a few days during that month...but only a few...wait, that's not the point. The point is he watched 24 without me.

Can you believe it? I couldn't either.

I'm off...I've got three semi trucks outside...with no Russian drivers in sight. It looks like it will be a good day!











5 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

That 24 thing is just not right. Not right at all.

Cafe Rio? Never has a place given me so much joy and so much congestion at the same time.

Judy said...

I'm sorry...that looks absolutely miserable!

I burn super easily but haven't yet this year. I know it's coming though and I can totally empathize with the pain you're going through. At least the sunburn; I've never had my husband gone for more than a few days and do not envy you the time you'll be spending apart.

Here's to hoping it goes by quickly!

Joann Mannix said...

That sunburn hurts me through the picture. Yow.

And this Cafe Rio seems to be the place. I hear more and more folks talking about them. I wish we had them. I wish we had any good dining establishments here in Podunk. But that's a story for another day.

Feeling Just Right said...

Owww! That is a nasty burn and i thought you were only just saying it. My girl, what medication is this? Put on a cloak if you have to. Crazy sun!

I had to google 24 to figure out what you're saying- but oh no! not fair at all! Punish him- tell him to cook food for a week straight. You eat. It'll feel like heaven. How do i know? Oh, you know how!

Bossy Betty said...

OH! Just looking at that makes me hurt!!!