Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Post It Notes and a Story










(Did you notice how many times I used the word ever? I didn't ... until I just re-read my blog ... good grief ... )

My sister-in-law and her 2 year old daughter were just here at the office.
My niece likes to stand at the door and say 'Hola' to anyone who walks in.
She just poked her head into the other office and said this to my cousin:
"HEY!"
And he responded, "Hay is for horses."
And then it went like this:
"Where are the horses?"
"Well, there aren't really any horses."
"Why?"
"I guess the neighbors are horse deficient Ruthie."
"Why?"
"I don't know...maybe they don't like horses."
"Why?"
"Oh...maybe because horses cost too much money."
"Why?"
"I don't know."
"Where are the horses?"
And Travis said to me, "What have I done?"
A few minutes later he went to close the door and Ruthie said,
"Why are you closing the door?"
"So the horses don't come in."
And then Ruthie stood at the window and watched...and watched...
and when her mom went to open the door Ruthie said,
"MOMMY! Don't open the door! The horses will get in!"
And Ruthie's mommy looked at her and said, "WHAT?"










11 comments:

Kelley said...

I do not make my be everyday...not even most days...Its bad; but mornings I am usually rushing and bed is loooow on the list.

have a great day!

Joann Mannix said...

Because little girls ask and ask and ask until you are so crazy in the head that you are telling them you're closing the office door so horses don't come in.

I used to say a lot to my girls, "We're taking a break from the questions. One hour with no questions."

And they would say, "Why?"

I make my bed. Every. Single. Day. If nothing else gets accomplished, my bed is sitting there all nice and tidy.

trublubyu said...

love it!

p.s. chris and i are going to be in pg this summer and i told him that i must meet you. if you have a minute.

Dominguez Family said...

I never make my bed, my hubby does. I don't care if it is made and he can't sleep until it is.

Nancy E said...

I try every day to make my bed and wish my son would too --- oh well. Fun blog - thanks for sharing - and I LOVE Jelly Bellies!

Feeling Just Right said...

Hahahahaha! I laughed so loud, i think i just woke the neighbors! "MOMMY! Don't open the door! The horses will get in!"

:D

Oh my! I gotta stop!

Is that Sammy in the pink everything? The lower half of her body is giving me a super complex! Ouch!

p.s. we would read anything, i hope you know that- date details included.

Noelle said...

Viju, the little girl in the picture is my niece Kate. :)

Sandra said...

Oh, I make my bed every day- no matter what. Even if I am staying in bed sick, I will get up and make my bed before bedtime and then turn it down and go back to bed. I just can't sleep in a bed that has not been made.

Venassa said...

I never ever make my bed anymore. Me and the bf sleep with separate blankets so it would be annoying to have to separate them every night.

Haha cute story. It's always interesting when kids hit their question-asking stage.

Mr. Stupid said...

I have asked the "Why?" many times. Actually, that was one reason why I made trips to the Principal's office. "Why?" irritates people. Its a fun thing to ask on a boring day! LOL

Funny post. Have a good day...:)

jayayceeblog said...

I have to agree with you ... that is one cute picture! Love all the stripes and that BIG smile! Great story about the horses. I could see it happening ...