Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Did you notice the new button on the side of my blog?
Let me explain:
My brother...my other third (because I'm I triplet if you didn't know) came into my office today and asked, "have you heard the news?"
And I hadn't because I don't watch the news...not very often.
He told me about a 4 year old boy who went missing a few days ago...
And then he told me that his little body was found today...and that his mom and step-dad are being charged for his death.
He cried.
I cried.
Because we have tender hearts like that.
And then tonight as I held my new little nephew for a while, I cried again (while my sister was in the bathroom so she wouldn't' see me.)
Because life is a miracle...and how could a parent do something so awful?
But back to the button...
This little angel has cancer and her mom and dad need our love and support.
You can follow her story here.
I probably won't post again about Monkey, because really, it's not my story to tell.
But the button will stay on my blog...and a prayer for her and her family will remain in my heart.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

When Rich came home from work today, I was watching the news and crying too.

Every child is a miracle and a blessing. I wish they were each treated that way.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Telling you....I have questions.

It makes me sick that a mother would kill, abuse, harm, and do anything but LOVE LOVE LOVE her child.

Totally sick.

Kim Garrett said...

Such a sad story about the 4 year old....I cried too...for hours. Just isn't fair.

Camaree Staheli said...

My heart goes out for this post...it hits close to home. My niece was diagnosed with neuroblastoma just like monkey. And I had a sister who struggled and struggled to have children. She heard a story similar to the one regarding the 4 year old and just cried saying she would have taken the child in a heartbeat. Someday I hope to understand why things that happen do...I know there is a reason.

Joann Mannix said...

I am putting up Monkey's button, too. Along with my constant prayer.

We just had an incident here yesterday with a little girl who was DOA. Her parents were arrested. Among her injuries was a detached pancreas and every rib was broken. She wasn't even two. How? How?

I am confident that these two little girls are safe and whole and happy surrounded by the angels.

Venassa said...

There are just too many of those types of stories. So sad.