Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Letter To My Husband

Dear Husband,

I need you to come home now...for longer than the one or two nights you'll be home before you leave me again.

I have a lot of reasons:

I'm cold all of the time, especially my feet, and I need you to keep them warm.

I need you to rub my back, because it's been hurting a lot. So much a lot that a customer at work felt the need to tell me that I was walking crooked and he knew a good surgeon who could fix me.

I cried through the entirety of Grey's Anatomy because you weren't here to mock it...or me for that matter.

I stay up too late and as a result sleep in and am late to work nearly every single day.

And I stay up too late because the bed...it's too big for just one person.

The shower door hasn't been squeegeed (is that even a word?) in at least a day and there are hard water spots now.

I randomly pick clothes from your side of the closet that I think need washing and I wash them. I washed and ironed the pants you wore to church...they're hanging nicely in the closet now.

I cleaned out the fridge and it's empty now...I need you to help me fill it.

I've worn a different jacket out of your closet every day since you've been gone...I need you to come home so that I can show you which one is my favorite.

(Dear Friends, you should know that my husband could be gone 6 months and I could still wear a different jacket every day...that's how many he has.)

But mostly I just need you to come home because I miss you.

I know you're having fun out there in the wilderness...with your buddies and your beef jerky...and all of your fancy gear...

Just remember you have a wife at home...

I know it's a foreign concept seeing as how we've only been married a few weeks really...

I hope you haven't been caught in a flash flood...

Or been eaten by a cougar (because remember when I heard a cougar scream in the same place you are now?)

Or starved from lack of food...because seriously Husband, you didn't take very much food, and you didn't' have one single Jolly Rancher...I'm kind of worried.

Just one more thing: every time my cell phone rings I hope it's you telling me you ended your trip early...and I'll be anxiously awaiting your call on Saturday night.

Until then,

I still love you...even though I don't really remember what you look like.

Love,

Your Wife

16 comments:

Twee Poppets said...

Stopping by from Follow Me Friday. I'm following you now! Hope you can stop by and follow me, too. :)

http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com

http://tinyurl.com/tweepoppetsFB
http://twitter.com/tweepoppets

By the way, I started a NEW BLOG HOP!!! It's called Tuesday Tag-Along, and the linky opens every Monday night at 8:59pm PST (11:59pm EST)! I hope you'll be there to join in the fun!



Oh, and this letter almost made me cry! I totally feel your pain - my boyfriend went on a five week trip to Korea last summer, and I still get choked up thinking about how much I missed him. So many of the things you wrote about feel so familiar - the bed being to big, the wearing of his clothes, the crying through TV shows, and the general MISSING! Man, I know it's hard. Stay strong, missy! :)

Nf1andprek-whisper said...

your panaramic beach view is beautiful and your poem touching... I feel for you.

Judy said...

I'm so sorry! Is he just out camping for the fun of it? For 6 months?
Hang in there!!!

-stephanie- said...

'sniff, sniff' I'm sad for you. Hang in there.

Noelle said...

Judy, yes he's out camping/backpacking just for the fun of it. He's been gone about 10days. He will be home Sunday night but then leaves again Tuesday for about 4 more weeks for work.

Dominguez Family said...

Toughin up you whimp!! You cried at Grey's? If you watch Private Practice then you really cried...I know I did.

Tiffany said...

I'm beginning to think you might sorta like this guy you married! ;)

Hang tough Noelle!

Ode to Motherhood said...

I like snuggling with hubby to keep warm too. What a sweet letter!

Following from Trendy.:)

OzzyFamily said...

I read your post and instantly started missing MY husband who is only at work for the day! Ten days! Wow, I would be a basket case by now. Its funny how much you miss them when they are gone. It almost feels unbearable at times - especially at night. Just think of the reunion you will have with him when he walks in the door. I bet he is missing you too.

By the way, the pictures of your wedding are absolutely beautiful. You have such happiness written all over your face.

Brianne said...

So sorry, he will be home before you know it!!

Hi, following from Follow Me Friday at Trendy Treehouse!!

www.justtryingtosavemoney.com

Alyssa said...

"even though I don't really remember what you look like" I love it, and I'm looking forward to more. Hope you follow me as well.

Cheeseboy said...

A Jolly Rancher can nourish a man for up to 10 days.

Also, I love to mock The Biggest Loser when it is on while my wife is watching it. She hates that I do it, but secretly I know she loves it.

Feeling Just Right said...

Camping for fun should be BANNED. This is a crime. Jason! (in a terrorizing voice) How dare you leave my friend alone! Come back now and be sorry for being late!

p.s. that customer needs to be told never to come back.

Amy said...

Just think how toasty your toes will be when he comes home. By the time he gets here it will probably be like 900 degrees outside....and fortunately you can wear him instead of his jackets so you don't burn to death. Just sayin'.

jayayceeblog said...

That is so sweet. Hopefully, he'll be home before you know it!

Joann Mannix said...

That was just so sweet, it made me miss my husband, too. And he's just gone for a few hours!

Newlywedded bliss is so amazing and wonderful. Keep it up and you'll have marvelous years ahead of you.