Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One Day I'll Sleep


Remember this picture of the bed I had before I got married?


See the big brown bear?

It still resides at the end of our king size bed. I think Jason has grown fond of it.

Tonight he suggested that I could use the big brown bear to cuddle with until he comes home.

(Which, to be honest, I'm not sure that Jason is ever going to come home.)

I think I'll take his suggestion though and cuddle up with the bear.

Dear Husband, I might find that the big brown is more comfortable.

What will you do then?

- - - - - - - - - -

I called my sister today. Trouble answered the phone.

"Hi Well. Whatcha doing?"

"I'm working. What are you doing?"

She told me but I only understood snippets, she was talking so fast.

When she finally paused I said, "Hey Trouble, can I talk to your mom for just a minute?"

"Ummm...no you can't. Not right now."

- - - - - - - - - -

Don't mock but I cried a little when Simon gave his farewell speech tonight on American Idol.

- - - - - - - - - -

I went for a walk with my dad today.

We walked along the Provo River.

It was beautiful.

Remember how I told you about his penchant for picking up random clothing items along the way?

Today he said, "Look, roadkill."

I looked and then I said, "Yes Dad, but those are someones boxers. Let's leave them there shall we?"

He listened to me.

What a good dad.

- - - - - - - - - -

My favorite pair of jeans has a hole in a bad spot to have a hole...an unpatchable hole...

I almost cried when I saw it.

- - - - - - - - - -

I got home from work today and laid down on the couch and immediately fell asleep.

I think I would have slept the whole night except my sister called.

She brought Cafe Rio for dinner.

We watched American Idol and Criminal Minds.

Watching Criminal Minds = why I'm still awake.

I might have bad dreams if I fall asleep.

One of these days I'll wisen up and stop watching it.

- - - - - - - - - -

Okay...I've taken up enough of your time.

Anything you want me to write about?

Any question you're dying to know the answer to?

Any story you want me to tell?

Anything?

Anyone?

11 comments:

Me and Mine in a Small Town said...

I can't think of anything, but your walk with your dad sounded nice. I wish one day I can do the same:) I hope you get some rest soon! I know I need to as well!

http://meandmineinasmalltown.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I have a solution to your jeans problem. Wear denim looking undies. Then no one will notice.

I should market this. Maybe not.

Dominguez Family said...

Take your jeans to a taylor. You'd be suprised what they can fix. Dean had a pair of jeans with a hole in a spot he should not have a whole, and presto they fixed them all up. TA DA!

Dazee Dreamer said...

Wasn't Criminal Minds intense? And I can't believe my boyfriend Shemar got beat up like that. Poor baby. I wanted to jump into tv land and wrap my arms around him and just hug and kiss him all better. breathing, breathing. AT least you had your sister there watching with you. I was by myself and was grateful the power didn't go out. :)

Brynn said...

Maybe you should have taken those boxers and worn them under your holy jeans.

MX3 said...

I only watched the first 10 minutes of Criminal Minds before I had to turn it off because I was afraid my kids would walk into the room. Okay, maybe it was because I was afraid I'd wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat and paranoid about home invasion. Too bad I'm too addicted to it to stop watching...

Bossy Betty said...

Thank you for these snippets of your day! I enjoyed them!

Joann Mannix said...

Sorry I've not been around the last few days. I'll explain next week. It's called working on a book.

Oh, I hate when my favorite clothes are unrepairable! I took this beautiful peach sweater to every tailor in town, to see if they could do something about the tear. No one could. I did cry.

I haven't watched the Idol yet. I had to go to a stupid Rays/Red sox baseball game last night. Can you tell how much I love baseball? I'm going to watch it later today. My kids said I'm definitely going to cry.

I'll try to be a better blog friend. Sorry!

Feeling Just Right said...

Big brown bear is new to me- i'm SHOCKED that there still is stuff i don't know despite being such a loyal fan! Ahh- sigh.

But Jason. "whatcha gonna do??!"

No mocking. Simon is going, i didn't know. We get Indian Idol here, that i watch- haha! (I think they also air American Idol, not sure- i'm ramblng.)

Yay for walk with dad- made me smile. Lovely!

Favorite pair of jeans- i'll tell you what to do. JUST DO IT. Patch it up, in another color and create a torn appearance here and there. (NOTE: wherever comfortable) You'll look just like the hip kids in high school. IMAGINE! Ooh-la-la. So, don't fret, my friend. Don't you fret!

Cheers to sister! Cheers to Cafe Rio! and Cheers to watching TV with your sister, in the same room- ahh, this touched a wrong nerve. No, i won't cry. (clucking tongue)

Sandra said...

I Love, Love. Love criminal minds. But I am in class when it comes on, so I have only seen it once in the last 18 months. I was going to be a profiler- but didn't want to live in the underbelly of society- so I work in the high school instead ;)

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

Hi Noelle. I read about a company in NY recently that repairs jeans. You can't even tell the difference, usually. I think it might be costly, but if you really love those jeans...might be worth it. I don't remember the name of the company, but if you google jean repair a few different ways, I bet you will find it.