Sunday, June 20, 2010

Adios, Farewell, Tchau...

Did you sing a song in grade school that went like something like this?

"What's more American than baseball? The Fourth of July or Uncle Sam?"

"What's more American than ice cream? I am, I am, I am."

I don't like museums. Does that make me less American?

Just wonderin'...

How was Father's Day for everyone? Mine was lovely. We had dinner with my father, and then came home and made dinner for Jason's father (and mother and grandmother)...homemade waffles with strawberries and whip cream. I didn't eat any but it looked delish...hope Jason's dad thought so! (If you're wondering why it wasn't steak...Jason's dad's favorite meal is waffles...at least that's what Jason said.)

Jason's dad is buying a new car, and he's selling us his old one...which is practically brand new. And Jason's boss is buying the practically brand new car for us because he thinks Jason deserves a bonus. We are very blessed and I am very grateful.

Now...have you ever tried packing for a camping trip with a man who sells camping gear?

No?

It's like ... hold on a moment while I come up with a good comparison ... it's like shopping for a purse with Kate Spade ... or eating popcorn with Orville Redenbacher ... or eating chocolate with Mr. Hershey...

I imagine you get the idea.

Don't get me wrong, I love my gear nut but it's a little overwhelming. Did you know there is a proper way to pack a backpack? Let me help you out...the sleeping bag goes on the bottom.

My gear nut husband assures me that I'll be comfortable and warm and that's all I care about.

I can use leaves as toilet paper and dig my own latrine if I have to...just let me be comfortable and warm at night. (Don't worry Joann, I think we'll have flushable toilets.)

With that said...

I'll miss you blogging world. *Sniff*

I've got posts for every day that I'm gone...so please don't leave. There's no sense in me and my little blog going through withdrawals. (Oh...and leave comments...lots of comments...baby sister gets almost as much enjoyment out of them as I do!)

I'll be back next week with stories from the woods...and tales of lions and tigers and bears...oh my!

Be good!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy trails to you.... until we meet again, etc.

Have lots of fun!!! Would love a pic of two of your braids :)

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Have a great camping trip (thank god for the flushable toilets).

Heather said...

Have a great time. I too hope you are dry and warm!

Feeling Just Right said...

Yayyyy! Go Noelle, go! Enjoy camp. Don't you worry about us. I would have gone back to October posts even if you had not planned the one-new-post-per-day thing. I know I would!

Your Father's Day sounds so cool! Mine had no cooking. You knew that, didn't you?? Dad and Me watched TV. Loads of it. So much, that he tells me no TV henceforth. Phew!

Thank God for flushable toilets. I almost asked you to unpack a few clothes and take tissue instead.

Before I forget, yay for new car! Yay for nice boss!

Also, stay SAFE.

Big hug :)

Dazee Dreamer said...

Have fun. Me, no mattress and indoor plumbing, no camping. :)

And good thing you will have blogs appearing. Since I am addicted to this blog world.

I'm sure there is an Intervention scheduled soon.

Joann Mannix said...

I am soooo relieved.

Have so much fun with your girls and your swaggy camping gear.

And take care and watch out for the BEARS!!!

Feeling Just Right said...

Oww. I came to take a break, found your post on my reader and JUMPED OVER and I don't see it now!

You cheated me!

jayayceeblog said...

Can't wait to hear your campfire stories ... looking forward to some doozies!