Monday, June 14, 2010

A Bunch of Sentences Thrown Together

Have I mentioned recently how tired I am? No? Hmmm...well, let me mention it now: I'm so dang tired! I sit - I sleep...in church, at the dinner table, while watching a movie, here in front of my computer...

And before you say anything...no, I'm not pregnant. Good grief. But I'll guarantee that when...if...I am some day, you'll be the first to know. (Okay not technically the first...but you'll know...deal?)

We were going to watch a movie last night and I had the brilliant idea to move the DVD player into the bedroom, so that we could be all cozy as we watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I lasted for maybe 30 minutes before I was dozing in and out...and I lasted maybe an hour before I was out.

I woke to Jason laughing a few times, and then later when he asked if I was hot and then one last time when he turned the TV off. He snuggled close and whispered, "Guess what?" I mumbled a reply and he said, "You were snoring." I mumbled "Really?" And he said, "No not really." And then he whispered "Guess what?" I mumbled another reply and he said, "I love you." I don't remember anything after that because I went to sleep again.

When we said goodbye this morning Jason said, "Do you promise to be all better by the time I get home?" (I've been sicky this weekend...maybe that's why I can't keep my eyes open...) I said I would try. Jason is gone again until Friday night sometime. Sadly, I'm kind of getting used to having a weekend husband.

But...enough of that...

I forgot to tell you something.

I was asked a few weeks ago to be the secretary for the young women's organization in our church. What this means is that I get to have fun every week with the girls who are between the ages of 12 and 18. I work with three other ladies, and it's our job to love these girls and bring some spiritual enlightenment into their lives.

Next week is girls camp...five full days of girls camp...with lots of hikes, and camp songs, and late night giggling, and sleeping bags...and yummy camp food...

And no blog access.

Don't worry...I won't leave you blogless...although that might be a welcome relief to some of you!

I have some things up my sleeve...

Here's something else you might want to know:

Baby Sister started a blog.

Her blog address is www.plattbabysister.blogspot.com . It's guaranteed to bring you a laugh or ten thousand.

Okay...one final bit of information...because I'm sure you can't live without my bits of information...

It's looking like we are going to sell Jason's house! Isn't that fabulous?!!

Trust me, it's fabulous. We've been paying two mortgages since we've been married, and things have been a little tight...which is actually good because it's teaching me that I don't have to buy everything I fall in love with at Pier 1...

BUT...selling Jason's house means I don't have to choose between groceries and getting my hair done...and well...it...just...makes...me...so...happy...hiccup...that...I...can...once again...hide...the...awful...gray...that...just keeps...hiccup...showing up...Because yes, I'm that prideful.

Keep your fingers crossed okay?

6 comments:

Heather said...

Yay for falling asleep with your hubby during a movie, and having fun with girls at church, and for your little sister's blog, and for coloring gray hair!!

Have a great day.

Dazee Dreamer said...

Once I sit down long enough, I fall asleep too. And woo-hoo. Baby Twisted Sister has a blog!!! I'm going to check her out and start stalking her, oops, I mean following. :O

Blessing said...

LOL...my husband falls asleep instead when watching a movie. I'm a new follower (via google connect). Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your blog. Looks like i'll be digging into archives. When you get a chance please stop over at Safe Home Happy Mom and follow us as well. Have a terrific week!

Tortuga said...

Good luck on the sale!!

I fall asleep on movies too, and Hubby gets a kick out of it.

How neat for you and the girls at church!!!

Joann Mannix said...

I rarely stay awake during a movie. They usually have to be really great or really awful. And forget about watching tv in bed. I am out within the first 5 minutes.

You will be perfect for the job of spiritually enlightening young ladies because you are a perfect example of what a good woman should be. You'll have so much fun!

And big time congrats on your hubby's house sale. To have my hair done, always makes me feel splendid.

Feeling Just Right said...

Oh, fingers all crossed! It'll happen.

Your stories can make it into the "Greatest Romantic Escapades" section (we'll create one for you) of the Guinness Book!

Yay for new job and new blog and... oh, we've run out.. so, yes, just yay!

Yay!

(I have just woken up, you're right.)