Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Little of This and That

Okay...imagine this scene in your head:

There is a large herd of sheep...sheep that look exactly alike...except for one who is wearing a red bow tie around it's neck.

The caption under the picture of the sheep says this: "Adding to my misery, no one here thinks I'm funny."

That picture, along with the caption, have been running through my mind all day.

Joann and Dazee Dreamer...they think I'm funny...and baby sister does too...but other than that...

*Sigh*

My brother came into my office and picked up the greeting card I scanned for yesterday's post. He looked at it and said, "Noelle, what does it mean?"

I shook my head and said, "Et tu?" If I have to explain it...well...it just isn't the same.

And then...

Jason called me tonight (he's been gone all week...aren't you proud of me for not whining about it?) and the first thing he said was, "So, I read your blog. I spent half an hour trying to figure that card out. I don't get it. What does it mean?"

"It doesn't mean anything dear...that's why it's so funny."

"No, what are the letters trying to say?"

*Sigh* "They're not trying to say anything. There is nothing to get...there is nothing to understand...there is no hidden meaning..."

Do you ever just have one of those days where you feel misunderstood?

I'm easily entertained...and there are greeting cards that bring tears I'm laughing so hard...and even if I'm the only one who is laughing...at least I'm laughing right?

Okay, enough pity party. (Except don't worry, it's not really a pity party...)

Did you know that if you wear rubber gloves up to your elbows it makes cleaning the bathroom at work more tolerable?

And did you know that if you spray Lime Away on the toilet it will eat away some of the finish and leave your toilet lid looking gray-ish?

Now you do...

I was looking for a mop bucket when my brother Ben asked, "What are you doing?"

"I'm looking for a mop bucket," I said.

"Are you dizzy?"

I thought I misunderstood him and so I asked, "What?"

And he asked again, "Are you dizzy?"

"No, I'm not dizzy. Why would you ask if I'm dizzy?"

"Well, you are looking for a mop bucket." (Go here to read all about what dizziness and mop buckets have in common...if you haven't read it, it's a good story...trust me.)

He's a clever one that brother of mine.

Last night I was at my mom's house and Trouble was in the bathtub. When she heard me in the kitchen she began calling my name. "Noelle! Noelle come here! Noelle! I need you Noelle!" I went in to see what the problem was. There was no problem she just wanted to point out the different colors of shampoo. One was blue and one was purple.

A few minutes later when Trouble's mom went to wash her hair she said, "No. Noelle do it." I was happy to oblige. Every time she laid her head in the water she would talk at the top of her lungs and I would just laugh.

After her bath she went outside to play. A few minutes later she RAN through the back door yelling for me. "Noelle come here!" "Come here Noelle!" When I asked why her response was, "My bike just went potty."

Is this enough randomness for one post?

Maybe just one more thing...

Do you think that if I were ever to write a book and actually publish it you would read it?

Okay friends...I'm off...my husband will be home in a few hours...and we have two days together before he leaves again...instead of fixing him dinner I painted my toes bright pink...I'm sure he'll appreciate it...or not.

You make me happy...just so you know...even when you don't get my sense of humor.

Have a lovely weekend!!!

18 comments:

Kristin said...

Following from NFF. Glad I found your blog, I've been reading some of your posts, and I love how you write! :)

Kristin @ Betty Crocker Wannabe

Feeling Just Right said...

I am so happy we STILL make you happy! We're bettering our humor quotient anyway, really. You can surprise-test us next time.

Of course, we'd read your book. No doubting. You're super entertaining!

Irrelevant, though this may seem-- when I was a baby, my sister once told me, that they had found me in front of a car, like a kitten, with a red bow tie around my neck, when they got me home-- the image hasn't gone, yet.

Bright pink- he WILL notice!

Dazee Dreamer said...

Her bike went potty. hahahaha. too funny.

I bet you laugh out loud in the card aisle. I do. People look at me like I'm a nut case. Oh well. Too bad, so sad for them.

I keep saying, Julia Roberts, tie only, dinner table, rose in your teeth. Hubby would love it.

Amy said...

I laughed at the card.....just sayin'.

Dominguez Family said...

I just have a few words of wisdom to help you through your day: jkl; asdf 1234 !@#$. I hope that helps.

-stephanie- said...

Now that you explained that the card in your last post meant nothing, I went back and looked again, and it is funny! I think you're funny. You may have to explain things once in awhile, but I eventually get your humor. :oD

Baby Sister said...

I love that sheep card too!!!!!!
*sigh* Do you think ANYONE will ever understand the joys of random funny cards? Hmmm...

Heather said...

I would read your book. What would it be about??

cathyjoy said...

i think you are very funny and i totally get the sheep image!!! i tend to feel the same way in my very own house...my guys just don't understand what is funny and what is not! (btw - guys, farts are NOT funny!)

Lalis said...

If anything, the vivid image of the sheep with bowtie about made me die laughing :)

Bossy Betty said...

Random but fun! Love the shampoo story!

Venassa said...

I understood the card!
I did know that gloves make bathroom cleaning more tolerable. It's the only way I do it.

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

I probably missed something and I'm going back to find it because you had me at sheep with red bow. I swear I see it in HDTV color. And then I cracked up at the punch line. Not only do I think you are funny, but I also think you are truly nice and if you publish a book I'm reading it. Instead of cooking dinner or painting my toenails pink (sorry BigB)

The Empress said...

I think we all have moments like that...

thank you for your comment at Diary of a Mad Bathroom.

Hope I didn't scare you away from teens. they really are a lot of fun.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I adore you, Noelle! Even when I have no idea what you're talking about! :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

By the way ... I would TOTALLY read your book!

And how does a bike go potty?

Joann Mannix said...

I have the sheep card. I do. It sits in my great Hallmark card organizer box. It will probably sit there forever, because I have no one to give it to. No one that would get it. But, I loved it so much I had to buy it.

I also have one that says something about every once and awhile I shout out, "I know what' going on!" You know, just
to be careful.

I'm not sure exactly what it says. I can't move because the dogs are sleeping. Yay!!!

You know who else will totally get you? Chicken will. She is a kindred spirit.

I would totally buy a book you wrote. Do it!!

And yes, I am CERTAIN your husband would appreciate the pink toes a lot more than some hot food.

jayayceeblog said...

I absolutely adore the idea of the sheep card -- it's hilarious! I sent my sister a bday card a few years ago that was shaped like a slice of bologna. On the front it read, "My bologna has a middle name." Inside it read, "It's Marie." She and I are still laughing about this card. No one else got it. But that's the point, isn't it? There was nothing to get! Sounds like your niece has your sense of humor!!!