Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pillow Talk

I have GOT to ask you something.

Did you know mosquitoes suck your blood?

If all of you answer in the affirmative, it's going to make me wonder where I was that day in the 2nd grade. Do you think they teach us about mosquitoes in the 2nd grade?

In all fairness to my brain, maybe I did know this at one point. But as I told you in yesterday's post, there might have been some brain damage that has occurred...on account of old age, or that time I fell off the wall.

Where were we...oh, mosquitoes.

Last night I looked up and saw something on the ceiling and asked Jason to get whatever it was. (Because he's home for a minute. By the time you count to 250 he will be gone again.)

He stood on the bed and reached up and squished a mosquito between his fingers.

"Eeww, that was full. Look at this," and then he walked to my side of the bed to show me.

"I don't want to see it's guts," I said. And Jason said, "It's not guts, it just ate. It's full of blood."

Disgusting right?

I looked at Jason and said, "Human blood?"

He laughed and said, "Yeah."

And then he taught me what I should have learned that day in the 2nd grade.

Here's the kicker...I didn't get bit and Jason didn't get bit... so that little mosquito had eaten somewhere else and then come to our house for dessert.

Disgusting. Wait, I already said that.

Makes me think of the first quote I ever heard by Jack Handey:

"The saddest thing you'll ever see is a mosquito sucking on a mummy. Forget it little friend."

(It stands to reason that if I thought this quote was funny the first time I heard it, I must have known about the whole blood thing...or I would have said, 'I don't get it.')

Perhaps last night I had a momentary lapse in common sense.

Oh...never mind.

Enjoy your Saturday!

7 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

Repeat after me, mosquito's suck. hahah, literally and figuritively. (I am not responsponsible for the misspelling of words :)

Dominguez Family said...

I'm so glad you learned this little bit of information. I'm sure the spreading of malaria makes more sense to you now. ;-) Enjoy your Saturday my friend!

Heather said...

That's funny.
I am glad your husband was there to rescue you before you became the next course.

Feeling Just Right said...

Oh. I feel your pain. I do.

Earlier this year, suddenly, the whole of our town was under severe mosquito-attack. I thought it was my new plants that had become a breeding ground. But no, they were everywhere. EVERYWHERE. (imagine star-wars)

Then, we decided it was time. Time to fight back. My Mum went out and bought an electric insect killing bat. It looks like a badminton racquet. Works AMAZINGLY. Keep charging the bat, see a mosquito, hit the button. ATTACK. Conquer!

Feels SO good! :) :)

Lani said...

yuuuck. I hate mosquitos so much, and they are like super-jumbo size down here in FL.
Hope you're havin' a good weekend:)

Baby Sister said...

I want an electric insect killing bat!!!!

Joann Mannix said...

I hate the whole communal, let's spread the blood around, part of mosquitoes. Yes, it is disgusting, skin crawling disgusting. Those and flies just gross me out to the max.