Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Random...take 437

Don't you just love it when people say, "Wow! You look great! Have you lost weight?"

Me too.

Except that no one has said that to me in a while.

I read a blog today about a girl who cut soda out of her life...and she's heard that as a result of no soda she will lose at least 5 pounds.

A person commented on her blog and said, "I lost 10."

This was my question: "What if I don't drink soda? Is there another sure fire way to lose 5 pounds?" But what I was thinking was, 'Man I'm getting the raw end of this deal. Maybe I'll start drinking soda just so I can quit.'

Don't worry, this post is not about weight...gaining or losing...I'm just giving you a glimpse into what rolls around in my head.

I went for a bike ride the other night...the first time this summer. Oh...my poor tush...I fear I waddle when I walk. I built up a strong resistance to bike seats last summer but that resistance is long gone. I have hope that one day I will be able to sit without the desire for a pillow.

Actually, this post isn't about sore rear ends either...

I'm quickly discovering that this post isn't about anything really...so many of my posts tend to head that direction.

I think you should know that next week when I go to girls camp I will have the best of the best when it comes to camping equipment. I will be taking equipment that won't even be available to sell/buy until 2011. Jason's hope is that I will be the coolest girl at camp. I have decided not to tell him that girls don't really notice that stuff...what they're going to notice is who has the coolest braid. And I'm afraid I will come in dead last in that category.

Ahhh...girls camp...some of my favorite memories are of girls camp when I was a kid...

Remember that post where I told you my favorite joke ever? The one I learned at girls camp?

YOU DON'T???

I'll share it again...one more time...but if no one appreciates it the way that I do, I'm not sure that I'll be able to share it again...at least not with this crowd.

Ask me if I'm a red fire engine.

(Go ahead...ask.)

Did you ask?

"Are you a red fire engine?"

No.

And that's it. That's my answer.

No.

I laugh...hard...every.single.time.

I can sense already that this joke is under appreciated.

I just looked at the clock. It's 12:14 am. My best work never comes at 12:14 am ...

And you're all thinking 'obviously.'

As I'm reaching for the publish post button, I have one thing left to say...

Ask me if I'm a red fire engine...

(Maybe it's a lot funnier if you're 12.) Hmmm...what does that say about my maturity level?

13 comments:

Jamie said...

asking are you a red fire engine, is like the Genie telling Aladdin, " ask me for something outrageous" (after the Aladdin has set him free) and the Genie says, NO and then flys off laughing, because he can...I get your joke; it did not make me laugh out loud, but I think my insides fell down from the laughter...

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Are you a red fire engine (should I be sorry I asked that)?

Feeling Just Right said...

"Are you a RED fire engine??"

Wonder what that is all about?? I am laughing hard now! You are funny!

-------------------------------------

No weight loss needed for you. Has anyone told you you look absolutely pretty? I am telling you. Take it!

-------------------------------------

Poor tush. Do you think you want to wear that goalkeeper outfit and hang on the bike behind Jason next time? Hmm. Brilliant ideas come to me a 6:30pm, my time!

-------------------------------------

Oh, also, goalkeeper outfit will make sure that not only Jason, but the whole of town will fixate their eyes only on YOU- no competition- just imagine. How exciting!!!

-------------------------------------

Teach Jason. Boys will learn one day. I have complete faith. And Jason sounds promising. (Pat on the back to him!)

-------------------------------------

I am already imagining you at girl camp with a lot of NASA-like equipment. EVERYONE will notice.

-------------------------------------

Umm.. Noelle...

One last thing.

"Are you a red fire engine??"

:D

Judy said...

Maybe it's funnier in person? :)

It's interesting how differently guys and girls approach conversations. Sometimes all girls need is a little understanding.

Dazee Dreamer said...

But are you a bright red pretty fire engine?

Baby Sister said...

I laughed...as I laughed at all the comments. :)

Karlene said...

I thought it was funny. It's sort of like the interrupting cow.

And you look great. I don't think you need to lose 5 lbs.

Tiffany said...

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Sorry... just watched Alice in Wonderland last night with the girls. Your 'ask me if I'm a red fire engine' reminded me of it.

Last week while we were at Snowbird, we saw about eight thousand tents. Shiny new fangled ones being set up for an outdoor gear show. It was the funnest thing to watch the chipmunks and marmots running in and around the tents. It looked like they'd built their own tent city. Anyhoo... it made me think of you and Jason and the plethora of really cool camping/outdoor stuff you've got.

I don't drink soda either. Doesn't seem fair does it? Wonder how much weight I could lose if I gave up chocolate chips? Hmmm.

(Emily says giving up chocolate chips is a bad idea.... good enough)

p.s. Have you seen the neato gel bike seat covers? Your tush could be gellin. Are you gellin?

Sandra said...

I laughed. Just like last time. And just like last time it reminded me of Jessica's favorite joke when she was 3.

"why did the pants cross the road? Because they had feet in them."

3 year old Jessica would have laughed at your joke, too.

Want me to braid your hair for camp?

Beth Zimmerman said...

Noelle ... you make me smile ... daily! And this time you made me laugh! Yes, out loud!

BTW ... Are you a red fire engine?

Lani said...

are you a... oh, never mind:)

-stephanie- said...

I didn't laugh at your joke, but at your sense of humor. :o)

Now go work on your braid.

Kate said...

Here I am catching up on your blog a week later and you mentioned me and my soda fast! Although is it really a mention if there isn't a link? Hmm. I don't know if I've lost those 5 pounds because I actually avoid the scale like the plague. I might never know, but my life is carrying on without Dr. Pepper just fine.

I'm also laughing very robustly at your fire engine joke. I'm going to use it on my husband when he gets home in a few minutes. Hope he's in a funny mood. :)