Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Another Love Note

Dear Little Brother,

Do you remember when we were younger and still living at home?

Do you remember how our bedrooms shared a wall?

Do you remember how you would play really loud, awful music at night?

Do you remember how I would hit the wall and tell you to turn it down?

Do you remember how sometimes you would hit the wall back and then turn the music up?

Do you remember how after I thought you were asleep I would sneak in and change the station and turn the radio down?

Do you remember how after I got in bed you would change the station back to your station?

Do you remember how we did this every single night?

Well...I remember too...and I've been mad at you all these years for the lack of sleep you caused me.

BUT...I want you to know there is a way for me to get over being mad...

Just keep having kids as cute as these little guys:

Except now I'm thinking...I'll bet your wife is the reason these kids are so cute...

So maybe I'll still be mad for a while...

I guess you could make it up to me one other way:

Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Love,

Your Big Sister



10 comments:

singedwingangel said...

Lol ahhh parenthood the one thing that rights all the wrongs of our childhood and gives our parents a wee bit of told ya so...

Sarah said...

Your blog title inspired me! Please read -
http://dailywildflower.blogspot.com/2010/07/because-nice-matters.html

Venassa said...

Little ones as cute as that make it worth putting up with annoying siblings for so long.

C'est La Vie said...

hahaha this was so sweet, it's so funny to think back on those days...me and my sister wanted to kill each other 24/7 but now we are such good friends!

Baby Sister said...

But, "little" brother, she'll really only forgive you if you give cookies to me too. :D

Beth Zimmerman said...

So ... is EVERYONE in your family adorable?

Dazee Dreamer said...

aaahhh nothing as sweet and sibling love in the teenage years. I used to totally scratch my sister when she would come home from dates and turn the lights on. eeerrrrrrrr

Feeling Just Right said...

Awww. I love the sound of your family! Too cute!

I am thinking, you can delay the long emails you promise me because I can then make sure I get an extra bucket load of choc chip cookies too! :D :D

-Wicked me. :)

Joann Mannix said...

I have 3 BIG brothers. Talk about torture! The things they used to do to me. But I got them back. And good. I'll talk about it in my blog sometime.

And those babies are super cute.

Cheeseboy said...

Ha ha! Great stuff. And I do remember... all of that.