Monday, July 26, 2010

An Interview With the Husband

Have you noticed a dry spell in entertaining post subjects? Yes? That's what I was afraid of. I asked Jason to write a post and he declined. Can you believe that?!! He declined! Instead I emailed him a list of questions and asked him to answer them. He did only because he was worried that his future happiness depended on it.

1. What’s your favorite thing to eat?

-I would have to say fresh fruit. I love cantaloupe and red grapes! I recently ate at an Indian Restaurant in Denver that has to have been the best food I've ever eaten. I ordered Chicken Masala. My mouth is watering just thinking about it…

2. What’s your favorite pastime?

-It kind of goes in phases; currently it's riding my road bike. I also love to play the piano and play basketball when I can. I mostly love to watch movies with my wife. Actually any time spent with Noelle is something I can't wait to do.

I wonder what part of watching movies with me he likes...when I fall asleep after 20 minutes or when I bug him to tell me how it's going to end...every two seconds.

3. What’s the best thing about being married?

-Having someone there who really cares about me. I also found someone who never complains and supports everything I do. I consider myself very lucky...

4. What’s your wife’s best feature?

-I love her smile and that certain way she looks at me…yowzers!

I didn't realize I looked at him a certain way...hmm...

5. Why did you tell your wife her head was full of fluff?

-As I recall, I didn't tell her that, but she blind-sided me with the question of whether or not her head was full of fluff. I was subsequently caught in a corner and, without thinking, blurted out a 'yes'. My initial thought was that she liked movies that had 'fluff' in them so she wouldn't like this certain action movie we were discussing. My wife is very intelligent. Her head is definitely not full of fluff but wisdom and deep thoughts. She is wise beyond her years.

This is how it really went:

Jason was telling me about his favorite movie and summed it all up by saying, "But I don't think you would like it. It's pretty deep actually."

And my reply was: "And you think my brain is full of fluff and can't handle deep movies?"

He said, "Yes."

Pretty black and white to me.

6. What made you finally decide to get married…after 39 years?

-I have no idea other than it took me that long to find her. If only she would have come around sooner…however, I have no regrets. I don't think marriage could be any better! There are many good things about getting married a little later in life. One is that we don't take being married for granted. We both know all too well how being alone feels... Definitely no regrets!

7. What song best describes your marriage?

-"How Sweet It Is" Written by James Taylor, Performed by Michael Buble

8. List 5 things you want for your next birthday:

-To spend all day with my wife.
-To fix my wife dinner
-To have my house in Monticello be a distant memory
-Homemade Cherry Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream
-For my wife to surprise me (I promise I will love whatever it is!)

Dear Mom, can you make Jason a cherry pie for his birthday? I'll buy the ingredients and wash the dishes!

9. If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?

-To Be Debt Free

10. Tell our blogging friends three random things about you:

-I was in the Army National Guard for 14 years.
-I'm an assistant Cub Master
-My greatest experiences usually involve standing on something really high and looking at an amazing view. Noelle and I recently stood on a mountain top near the place where I grew up. It was magical...

And there you have it...5 minutes with my husband. I emailed him a little while ago and asked what he had for lunch. This is what he said:

"What I had for lunch was a bowl of the most delectable cereal you can imagine. Actually it was chocolate Rice Krispies and Reeses Pieces Cereal mixed together (we really have to go shopping.) And a couple of slices of toast (the bread is great as toast by the way.)"

I'm SO not a good wife. Too bad he's stuck with me.





21 comments:

Kristin said...

Aww, I think you're a great wife! Sounds like Jason does too. :)

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

My husband would love that cereal combo - not sure if he would love it for lunch though.

You guys sound so cute! And yes, I am on your side about the fluff...completely black and white!

Baby Sister said...

Yes you are!! That combo of cereal sounds AMAZING! Thanks for the idea. :D

Mr. Stupid said...

This was sweet interview. Those were some great answers. I guess watching a movie while getting bugged is good. Keep smiling...:)

-stephanie- said...

Who needs food? He can live on the love you have for him. :o)

I was entertained by this post. You have a good husband.

Venassa said...

I like learning about Jason.
I could go for some Reeses Pieces cereal right about now.

Heather said...

I love it. Sweet husband pestering. His lunch is classic. I used to email interview The Coach every Tuesday. I need to resume. It was quite educational.

Amy said...

In your defense if he's gonna eat breakfast at 10:10pm he can't really expect you to go around making a formal meal of it, right?

Also he backpedaled on the fluff thing....give him a break. :)

Sandra said...

Seems black and white to me.
But, in Jason's defense, he like Michael Buble, so maybe I'll buy his explanation. this time.

And being a good wife has nothing to do with the food your husband eats. nothing. Trust me on this one.

shydub said...

Your husband is lucky to have a wife like you.

Im following you now from Tuesday Tag along btw.

http://www.mixedthoughts.net/follow-me-back-tuesday-week12/

Marianne said...

What a wonderful blog! I'm a new follower from the Tuesday blog hop, and I really enjoyed reading your posts- especially the one about the message on your cell phone! I'm still laughing! Thanks for adding a bright spot in my day!

Lucy's Human
http://lucyshuman.blogspot.com

Joann Mannix said...

What a Renaissance man you have! And we won't mention the spy part. Shhhh.

You have a very sweet man. Too bad he wants a HOMEMADE pie. That would be a tough one for me.

I am sooo trying that cereal.

Julie said...

What a fun idea! New Follwer!
http://julie-beingjulie.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

Noelle, I forgot to tell you- about the pie, if crusts are your problem go here for help:

http://sandrascookingcorner.blogspot.com/2008/11/perfect-pie-crust.html

And then you go here for the perfect cherry cheese pie- You will have Jason eating out of your hand, though a plate would work better. ;)

http://sandrascookingcorner.blogspot.com/2008/11/cherry-cheese-pie.html

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

I think you are probably a great wife and Jason is a great sport:-). Don't forget about number 8.

Monica said...

New Follower from FMBT! Cute blog- love the questions to your hubby. I am also recently married (well almost two years but thats recent to me). Nice to meet you.... feel free to follow me back :)
http://thenewesthousewife.blogspot.com

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Oh, YOU are perfect! Jason is a good husband for being so happy eating cereal. I like this man!

Chicken masala? Now if I wasn't vegetarian, I'd have imagined and cried of hunger. :D

Haha! You see that picture on your sidebar of you looking at him?? I think he's referring to THAT!!!! Cute. :D :D

Dear Noelle's Mom,

"I promise to celebrate Jason's birthday, too. I'll send you my address after Noelle has sent you the ingredients."

e. del mar said...

thanks for your comment. perfect timing since some random person decided to unload some weird anger on me in comment form... very strange.

Cheeseboy said...

Assistant Cub Master??? I was that once. I so want that calling back! (I am the Exec Sec)

He sounds like a pretty good dude. I tell my wife her head is full of fluff too, but it is better than other parts of her body being full of fluff.

Jami said...

I doubt my hubby would consent to an interview, so yours must not be too traumatized by the cereal for lunch thing. I love his comments about getting married later in life. I got married young, but I totally agree with him. I can see a lot of virtue in growing up a little first.

jayayceeblog said...

He is so cute! When I read the line, "If only she would have come around sooner ..." my heart just melted. Sounds like a keeper!!!