Saturday, July 24, 2010

It's My Lucky Day

In planning for our July 24th extravaganza my sister handed out food assignments.

"Noelle you're in charge of dessert."

Perfect. Something I'm good at. Because I am really good with desserts.

A few hours later my sister-in-law asked if she could switch assignments with me.

"Can I do dessert and you do the baked beans?" She has a lot of peaches and she wants to use them.

I said yes, as long as I could make them from a can. She said I could.

The next day my mom asked, "Can I switch you food assignments?"

I guess my brother-in-law doesn't want baked beans from a can and mom has a really good recipe.

I said yes.

"So what's my assignment now?"

Mom said, "I already bought the fruit. I just need you to cut it up."

Do you see how luck is on my side?

13 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

Way luck on your side. but, if you really wanted to still make dessert, you could always bring it my way. wink wink

Amy said...

:D Nice. Cutting up fruit is even easier than dessert - although probably more time consuming.

Sandra said...

I miss the 24th celebration food from my childhood. Nothing beats a good old fashioned pot luck where the entire town turns out and brings something. Unless it is luck being on your side.

Have a fun day!

Venassa said...

That makes it easy :) Dessert would be so fun though. Kind of cool to hand out assignments that way nothing gets missed or forgotten.
There is an award waiting for you on my blog :)

Judie said...

I always have a very easy assignment--baked brie with pecans and apricot preserves.

I begged off on the 4th, though, and asked if I could make potato salad for a change.

Everyone wondered what happened to the brie!

-stephanie- said...

Sounds good to me. Happy July 24!

Kristin said...

LOL Awesome!!

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

I have an idea. I am sure the kids have been assigned nothing. When people get assigned nothing, they always want to do something. Hand them a fruit each!!!! Hahahahahaha!

Tiffany said...

I don't know about luck... I think you're just living right :) Happy 24th Noelle!

Tristi Pinkston said...

You *are* a lucky girl!!

Heather said...

You are lucky, AND there is an extravaganza. How fun!!

Joann Mannix said...

Now, that is my kind of luck! Hope your celebration was the best.

The Empress said...

that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay lucky. I'd jump on that...