Friday, July 9, 2010

Secret Recepies

I opened my blog this morning and almost got emotional.

200 followers!

I love you all!

As soon as I find my camera I'll take pictures of the place where we're staying.

Holy cow!!! It's huge!!! (Which is good because there are more little kids running around than I can count...or name!)

Here's my family reunion highlight #1:

Last night we had a delicious dinner of dutch oven potatoes, barbecued pork, and veggies. When everyone was done eating one of the nephews said 'What's for dessert?' And Jason's sister pulled out homemade banana chocolate chip cookies.

I took a bite. I took two bites. I took three bites. And it was then I realized that the cookies were salty. Maybe Jason's sister got a little carried away when she was mixing them. I was about to be all sneaky like and put the rest of my cookie in the garbage when Jason's sister said, "Guess what I put in the cookies?"

And then she got a big grin on her face and said, "Bacon!"

It's true...banana, bacon, chocolate chip cookies...

I don't know how you would feel about such a cookie, but I was not a fan.

How would you feel about such a cookie?

I'll be back...with pictures of the mansion we're staying in...

15 comments:

Baby Sister said...

Ummm...not good. That's kinda gross...

Tiffany said...

I'm all for trying new things, but that just doesn't sound right.

Really? Bacon? Was she trying for a heart healthy cookie or just looking for a subtle variation?

Very interesting.

Congrats on 200. I'm hearing 'Popular' from Wicked in my head :)

Dazee Dreamer said...

yuk. bacon in a cookie. I was actually thinking it sounded good before that was mentioned.

can't wait for pics.

TJ said...

ok, which one of those girls did that??????? you can tell them that i think she is nuts. with a little bacon thrown in.......

Jessica said...

I'm morbidly curious about the cookies. I'd have to try them!

Heather said...

Congrats on 200.

In my family if it has bacon is HAS to be delicious. I will forever have to wonder about those cookies though since I am allergic to bananas. Darn!

Stephanie said...

Ick. I see that as a growing trend, but I think it's gross. Maybe because I don't really like bacon anyway?

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

No thanks. My husband loves bacon in everything, but I think he would draw the line at cookies.

Have fun!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Why did you take 3 bites? I usually figure out I don't like something with the first one!

Cheeseboy said...

200 is huge. I remember those days fondly...

Oh, I'd eat it without a doubt.

Lalis said...

Uhhhh....

That's how I feel about bacon in cookies. ANY kind of cookies.

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Congratulations on 200! :)

Bacon cookies? I am just wondering- what if she reads your blog??

Feeling Just Right said...

200!!!! Yayyyyy!

I am cheering out LOUD for you here!!!

Huge mansion for Jason, too?

Think about it- You have Linden Nursery, which is a huuuuuge estate in itself and Jason comes from a mansion too!

Rich couple! (I say that with eyes gleaming) ;)

I am waiting for more updates!

JC said...

I have a couple questions for you, if you don't mind answering (open to other readers as well):

1. How did you get that many followers?

2. How many of your followers actively read your blog?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.futuretwit.com

-stephanie- said...

I think bacon is a staple ingredient in every dish. Have a great rest of your vacation time.

Congrats on 200 followers.