Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Slow Internet=The Story of My Life On Vacation

Oh. My. Honk.

I probably won't get sick of saying that for a while.

A shampoo bottle dropped on my little toe this morning...nearly decapitated it...

I had to wear real shoes tonight. I'm in pain.

I'm sunburned, I have mosquito bites everywhere, my google reader is filled to overflowing, and I swear I'm never going to eat again.

Except that we just went to the grocery store and filled our hotel fridge with junk.

Enough wining?

Okay.

It's been a lovely day. Jason worked a little...I benefit when I go with him.

It's like this: I browse the stores he sells to, and when I find something I like (like shoes) I say, "Don't you like these Jason?" And he says he does...and then he asks the guy he sells to "How much for these shoes?" And the guy tells him I can buy them at cost.

Okay...if we're being honest that only happened today...but I'm looking forward to the future!

We spent the evening at the Bar-D-Wranglers...a little ranch in the mountains of Durango, Colorado. We ate on tin plates, drank out of tin cups, and listened to real live cowboys sing to us. It was charming.

Now...about the video...I'm a little bit of a perfectionist...and the video is a little bit blurry and if it were up to me I wouldn't post it.

Jason said, "You told them you would post a video." I told him you wouldn't mind if I just posted pictures instead. He disagreed.

You can thank him for the blurry video.



Remember that the second to last picture in the video is a bear.

Maybe I'll post a few of the pictures...maybe...if I can figure out how to download them...hang on a second.



Well...you get one picture...

Don't you hate when you see a bear for the first time in your life and all of a sudden you can't remember how to unzip your pocket where the camera is...and then when you do get it unzipped you can't turn your camera on...and then when you do the bear is almost gone...

And now it's my bedtime. My muscles are begging for it.

Remember...comment love for Jason's video...

Have a great day! I'll be back later with the latest adventures.

11 comments:

Baby Sister said...

The video was great even if it was a little blurry. :)

Have Jason give you a nice massage. That will help!

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

"BEAR!!!" :D

Awesome video, Jason! Thank you for speaking on behalf of all of us. You know us so well! Pictures look very fun!!

Yay for cheap new shoes!!! :) :)

Sleep well, my girl.

Hope toe gets better soon.

The Insomniac said...

Loved the video! Very creative and the pictures were beautiful! And the bear...OMG! I would've ran in the other direction so fast! LOL.

Dazee Dreamer said...

Dear Jason, I loved the video. I especially love what a cute couple you guys are.

I'm very impressed that you guys rode the bikes. No way in hell would I have ever made that trip.

-stephanie- said...

Thanks Jason for making your wife keep her promise. The scenery is gorgeous! Not blurry, just pixeled.

And about not remembering how to unzip your pocket and how to turn your camera on when you see a bear? It's called FEAR! :oD

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Dominguez Family said...

Wow Jason...I feel like I went on the trip with you. I especially loved the musical selection. Well done sir!

Tia said...

Nice video!!! Even if it is a little blurry... Glad you are having fun!!

Cox Family said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! Andrew thought the music was cool! I'm jealous of the bear!

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

so wait....you're pinky toe has a head? I'm thinking Jason was right this time.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Funny...when I see a bear all I think is "RUN!".

Screw the girl scout advise of acting like a rock. Or unzipping your camera pouch.

Run!

jayayceeblog said...

Great video. Sorry, mind in the gutter, but when I saw the two bikes laying in the grass I thought, "If the bushes are rockin', don't come a knockin'!" And, wow, a bear!