Thursday, July 1, 2010

This and That

I went with my mom to a viewing this morning. My mom's friend, and our former next door neighbor died. She has kids about my same age, but we haven't seen them for years. The kids recognized my mom but they weren't sure who I was. Mom would say, "This is Noelle" and the response was the same each time, "You grew up!"

Made me laugh...but only inwardly because we were at a viewing. I'm not sure why they were shocked...they grew up too.

* * * * * * * * * *

Every morning when I get to work I find something like this on my desk:



My mom is convinced that if I take these pills religiously I'm going to have more energy... I'm still waiting Mom.

* * * * * * * * * *

This is my car:


This is my car after Jason gets the keys for a little while:


I think we're going to be doing some biking...which is fine...except for one little thing...

You should have seen us last night, rubbing medicated cream into our knees because they hurt so bad...and you should have heard us this morning...crying about how bad our backs hurt...

My grandma has an automated chair that takes her up the stairs ... kind of like an elevator. We talked this morning about looking into one.

* * * * * * * * * *

I find it very interesting that when I was single my vertigo was just vertigo but now that I'm married my vertigo elicits this question: "Are you pregnant?"

Just this morning my brother asked me the same thing, with a big grin on his face.

I said no. He looked at me as if he didn't believe me and so I said, "If you really must know, the test I took said I wasn't."

And then his eyes got big. But I can only take hearing the words 'Are you pregnant' for so long before I need solid evidence backing me up.

Dang vertigo...look at all the problems it's causing me...and that's not including being dizzy every dang day of my life.

* * * * * * * * * *

Jason got home last night and said, "I went grocery shopping." He showed me what he bought and then said, "I'm going to make something in the crock pot tomorrow." He pulled the crock pot out of the box and opened up the instruction manual and proceeded to read.

"This is going to be so good!" And I raised my head up from where it had been resting on the table and said, "I'm sure it will be."

And then he said, "Something's wrong with this picture. I'm more excited about using the crock pot than you are."

And in my head I was thinking, "Or something is exactly right."

* * * * * * * * * *

And finally, a letter to my husband:

Dear Husband,

If it makes you feel any better, girls don't understand their emotions either.

Thanks for letting me ball my eyes out, without saying anything.

Love, Your Wife

12 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

I think there should be laughter and viewings a funerals. In fact, my funeral is going to be awesome. just sayin

Tiffany said...

Kudos to Jason for jumping enthusiastically into crockpot cooking. He da man. My husband is a good cook and it's a fine and wonderful thing.

I'm wondering if the dizziness is affecting your bike riding skills or if you and Jason are riding tandem? (I'd pay to see that)

So sorry we missed you today! We were in AF for a swim meet and stopped in hoping to catch a glimpse of your delightful self. We were sadly disappointed. It wasn't a total bust though as the girls raided those enormous candy jars and I bought a new pair of gloves. We also got to see Becca and Amanda. Very nice consolation indeed.

Jason said...

The Crock Pot is full of really good food (I hope it tastes good too). I hope you like it... My goal, after tonight's dinner, is for you to be as excited over the crock pot as I am:). And can I say you are the best wife I could ever hope for?! You have filled my life with joy far more than I thought possible. I couldn't have dreamed for anything more. I'm a very lucky guy:)...

Nikki said...

Aww! What a sweet comment from your hubby.

Biking, hmm. I had to bike to work when our car died about 10 months into our marriage. You know how they say, "You never forget how to ride a bicycle." Well, your rear-end forgets. At least mine did.

I get vertigo too. Not every day though. I wonder what causes it.

I think it's awesome that Jason is the one figuring out the crock-pot. It took Danny and me a few years before we got adventurous enough. Now I have three. They are quite convenient and make great food. :) Though I mostly only use all three at a time when I'm doing my freezer cooking. (OAMC)

Cheeseboy said...

Your husband sounds pretty cool, but you both are already sore. Did you grow up or grow old?!

Amy said...

Remember how obnoxious it was back when you'd smile and people would ask if you were dating someone? The pregnancy thing is like that. People will stop asking.

Also, if it really is great crock pot food you should make him share the recipe. That's because some of us refuse to cook in the summer because it's TOO DANG HOT and some of our husbands are starving to death. Just sayin'.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Hope the vertigo passes soon and in the meantime stay off the bike! That sounds like a dangerous combination!

Feeling Just Right said...

Love is in the air, here! I can see you guys in my head with several little hearts blinking around you both like a halo :) :)

Those energy pills remind e of what my mum keeps running after me with. I am nocturnal, so that is nice. I tell her I'll have them at bed-time. She's still confused :D

What is that NASA thing on the back of your car? I feel like I belong to stone-age.

Foooooood is bliss. Yummmmmmm. This husband of yours and his crack-pot make me so happy just to be imagining it's contents!

Take a picture of the food. I want to see.

p.s. I've been thinking- do we still eat yummm food when we die? It is very important for me to know. I can wait until Sunday if you choose to ask someone at church before telling me :)

Mr. Stupid said...

Sorry about the vertigo. Hope it passes on soon. Your husband sounds pretty cool. Great post...:)

Loralee and the gang... said...

I don't know what your mom is giving you, but I suggest Folic Acid. Good prep for pre-pregnancy nutrition!

Jenn said...

I agree food photos.. are a must..

Jenn

http://www.momentsofelegance.com

cathyjoy said...

doncha hate when you can't stop cryin' and you don't even know know why the hell you're cryin'? that's been my life lately...prayers to you!