Sunday, August 29, 2010

As The Ice Cream Melts

There was a time I was almost asleep when the husband started singing songs he didn't know the words to.  It went something like this:

"Lady, I'm your knight in shining armor and ... I don't know the words ... but I want some strawberry ice cream..." and so it went until I finally said, "Okay, go get your ice cream and watch whatever show you want to watch, but now that I'm not going to get to sleep, will you bring the laptop when you come back?"

"You're once, twice, three times a lady, and I'm going to eat ice cream and you're going to write a blog..."

That time when I was almost asleep was 10 minutes ago.

Do you ever just have a day where you feel that everything is right with the world?

Today was one of those days for me.

My heart is so full of peace and happiness, and I'm grateful for that.

Jason played a piano solo in church today.  It was beautiful.  Later, we went to the Assisted Living Center where Jason played for two more church meetings.  I'm a lucky girl...really.

I'm almost asleep again so I'll give you one story and call it a day.

We were sitting next to Gabi (my five year old niece) at dinner.  Jason put two meatballs on her plate and with a scrunched up face she asked, "What are those?"

"They're meatballs Gabi."

"They look spicy.  Who made them?"

"Uncle Corey made them Gabi."

And then while pointing a finger at Corey, Gabi scowled and said, "You're chopped!"

"He's what?" I asked.

Gabi said, "Raise your hand if you have Dish Network," and then she raised her own hand.  "Chopped is on channel 102."   (I can't really remember the channel, I'll have to ask Gabi tomorrow.)

I cracked up.

A bit later Gabi took a bite of the meatball.  She decided she liked it and said to Corey, "You're not chopped.  You can move on to the next level."

I looked at Gabi's dad and said, "Watch a little TV at your house?"  He just laughed.

12 comments:

Kristin said...

Kids say some pretty funny things! I love your stories, especially about your nieces. And your husband. And hiking. Ok, I love all your stories. Thanks for the laughs! :))

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Ah! Sounds like a perfect day! I like reading your happy stories. They make me happy. :)

Your nieces are so funny! I've never heard of kids so cute!

-stephanie- said...

My girls and I love watching "Chopped". That's a cute story.

Sorry you didn't get your sleep, but it sounds like it was worth being awakened. :o)

Dazee Dreamer said...

hehehehe. your niece is so cute. and so is your hubby. singing made up songs to you.

Judie said...

If my husband ever started singing made-up songs to me, I would put him in a "home."

jayayceeblog said...

Gabi can come sit by me. We love to watch Chopped at our house. She sounds like a pistol!!!

THE OLD GEEZER said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

Cox Family said...

Chopped is our favorite show. I like that girl!

Diana said...

I love Chopped! Of course I love almost anything on Food Network channel. :)

Cute that she would "chop" him over the look of the meatballs. LOL

Sandra said...

"You're once, twice, three times a lady, and I'm going to eat ice cream and you're going to write a blog..." ....you mean those aren't the words?
Great post as usual!

Bossy Betty said...

What a creative husband you have!

Cheeseboy said...

I sing any and every song that comes on the radio and it drives my wife NUTS! WEll, it used to. Now that my boys sing in the car with me, not so much.

Glad for you that things are going so well. I feel the same way recently, which is bizarre with it being that school is starting.