Friday, August 20, 2010

Dear Husband,

It's me, your wife.
Remember this day?  That was fun huh?

I thought I would tell you what I've been doing while you've been gone.

I hung 5 pictures last night...that's something.

I went to see a chick flick with my mom and sisters. 

I took the garbage can out of the garage and put it outside where it will remain...unless you decide to clean it.  Because the smell almost caused me to lose my lunch.

I am not sleeping well.  The house makes really loud noises...but only when you're gone. 

Kevin made me lunch yesterday.  I think he took pity on me.  (Kevin is my brother-in-law.)

When it was raining really hard and I thought of you hiking in the mountains, I might have laughed just a little bit, but then I hoped you had taken your rain gear.

I combed my hair today.  That's probably the biggest thing that's happened since you've been gone.  I'm going to dinner tonight with my friend and I wanted to look my best.  I hope you don't feel bad that I'll comb my hair for her but not for you.

I took the kiddies for a ride on the 6-wheeler.  I took a picture for you to see us, but my camera was in a bad mood and decided not to save the picture.  I let Nick push the gas and believe me, we were flying.  At one point I had to knock his finger off of the gas button really fast so that we wouldn't crash into the pile of dirt that was coming our way.  Some might say that I'm an irresponsible aunt, but when Nick and Nick's cousin got out of the 6-wheeler they both said, "That was wicked!"  I guess that means I'm an okay aunt.

Tomorrow I promise I will do the dishes so that when you come home they aren't still in the sink.  And I'll try to iron your shirt for Sunday, and I'll make the bed.  That's all I can promise though because I'll be busy...reading a new book.

Even though you don't bring me flowers...and you don't sing me love songs...I still love you.

And I'm happy I married you.

Love,

Your Wife

13 comments:

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Just look at that photo!! Are you two out of a movie?

In case you didn't know, when you look like that, you can not comb your hair and still look great!

p.s. garage story is the best!!

Baby Sister said...

"You don't bring me flowers...you don't sing me love songs..." I don't know, that sounds like a deal breaker to me...

Dazee Dreamer said...

you are just one of the sweetest wives I know, and just so you know, I won't clean out the garbage can either

Bossy Betty said...

But he cleans out the garbage can so who needs flowers?

Sweet post!

Kristin said...

What a sweet wifey you are! I leave my man little love notes in his wallet or in his jacket pocket sometimes. :)

MamaMags said...

I am curious as to what "new book" you will be reading. Is the author by any chance your uncle?
And yes, he knew EXACTLY which niece I was referring to when I talked with him last night. What a small world.

cathyjoy said...

How sweet! I may have to "borrow" this idea sometime! See? You are nice no matter how you try to disillusion us!

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

Love your photos, Noelle. I think you are probably a great aunt. The best aunt, ever, even.

-stephanie- said...

You do know that he will now bring you flowers and sing you love songs. Because I bet he's that kind of husband. Be ready. :o)

Joann Mannix said...

Oh, that picture is gorgeous! Simply beyootiful!

I am sneaking in a few blogs while the rest of the family packs up the cars to take our girl back up to college.

He may not sing you love songs, but he composes and plays beautiful music on the piano and cleans out the garbage can. That has to account for something, right?

I don't comb my hair unless I'm going out either and that is a frightening thing. I haven't scared my husband away yet after 23 years, so I'm just going to keep up the trend.

Oh no, I hear them calling me. Gotta run, before I get busted! Have a great weekend.

Cheeseboy said...

Okay, I may be very stupid, but what is an 6 wheeler? Is it an off road vehicle or a truck or what?

My wife says she does not sleep well when I am gone too. However, when she is at girl's camp, I have never slept so well. The entire bed to myself!

I'd take pity on you too and make you a sandwich. Here is a metaphorical blogger sandwich for you to enjoy.

Tiffany said...

"That was wicked!" ...high praise indeed. You are a fabulous aunt.

p.s. Flowers are highly overrated anyway. A man who takes care of you when you've got your head in a mop bucket is exempt from flower duty the majority of the time. :)

jayayceeblog said...

That is so sweet and so horribly true! The things we DON'T do for our husbands add up fast. It's my Hubby's birthday today so I guess I'll comb my hair -- just for him!