Wednesday, August 18, 2010

There's An Important Question At The End Of This Post

This is my sister Tiffany.  I just wanted to show you how lovely she is...
Not only is she lovely, she's amazing: she's getting her masters degree AND teaching high school spanish at the same time. 

Tiff and Corey got married in June
I love this picture of Tiff, Trouble, and Trouble's baby brother

It's time I come clean about something.
This 'something' has been on my mind for a while now.
I'm a bit worried about how you'll react once you've read what I have to say...
...but it has to be done.

I'm not as nice as you think I am.
And I know you think I'm nice because you've told me that more than once.
But it's time you learn that even though my blog title is Because Nice Matters...
Well...
Sometimes I forget that it matters.

I'll give you two examples.

One night many years ago my sister and I were getting ready to go to an activity with the girls in our church group.  She asked me what we were going be doing.  I don't remember exactly what I told her, just that she needed to wear a dress.  She grumbled a bit about having to change into a dress and as she got ready I went downstairs.  Several minutes later she came downstairs in a dress, tights, and shoes, and her hair had been combed differently.  Mom looked at her and said, "What are you doing?"
Becca said, "Noelle said I needed to put a dress on."
And then Mom looked at me and said, "Noelle..." in that tone of voice that lets you know you're in trouble, and then I started to laugh.
Becca stood there for a minute and then said, "I don't need to wear a dress?"
and Mom said, "No I'm sorry, you can change."
She was mad at me for at least a day.

See...I'm not nice.

Here's the other example:

We were friends with some kids who lived three houses down from us.  We played together all the time.  One of the older boys always teased me...it drove me crazy.
A few days before Christmas one year, there was a knock at the door. I opened it to see Chris, the kid who always teased me.  He handed me a beautifully wrapped Christmas present and said, "Merry Christmas.  Don't open it until Christmas."  I thanked him and then shut the door.  I immediately unwrapped the present, to discover a piece of coal with my initials written in the corner with gold paint. 

I laughed when I saw the piece of coal.  But I also began thinking of a way that I could get even.
I asked my mom if I could make some sugar cookies and she said yes.
The recipe called for three eggs.
I added the three eggs and their finely ground egg shells.
The recipe called for two cups of sugar and one tsp. of salt.
I added 2 cups of salt and one tsp. of sugar.

I baked the cookies and iced them to perfection and then put them on a plate and delivered them.
I handed Chris the plate of cookies and said, "This is to say thank you for my Christmas present."
His mom told me later that as soon as he shut the door he said, "I shouldn't have given her that piece of coal.  She thinks I gave her a nice present and look how sweet she is to make me cookies."

He went on in that manner until he began to chew the entire cookie he had put in his mouth.
As soon as he could spit the cookie out he said, "I should have given her two pieces of coal."

After reading the evidence, and knowing that I'm not always nice, can we still be friends?

19 comments:

Judie said...

Of course we can! I'm glad I am not the only one who uses the Papyrus font. And I'm glad to find someone else who loves practical jokes! We can be not nice together.

Mainly, though, I am glad to be home so I can sit at my own computer to read my favorite blogs!

L.C. said...

bahahaha loved the cookies story!

Heather said...

OH yes. We can be even better friends now!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

we will always be friends. and whats even better, now that I know you have a "rotten" streak in you, we are so going to have fun!!!!

Baby Sister said...

Hahahahahahahahaha. Poor Becca....

Sam said...

Okay, that cookie story rules. Awesome. In the form of crunchy cookies. Hehee!

jayayceeblog said...

But you're so much more interesting when you're a little naughty. ;-D Thanks for the laugh!!!

Venassa said...

Haha that cookie story is the best. You are awesome at revenge. But I still think you're great.

Jamie said...

Of course...and I need the cookie recipe!!!

Amber said...

Of course!!! We all make mistakes!! Haha

Diana said...

Hilarious! You sound like the most fun not-very-person I've ever heard of! LOL

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Oh my! The egg shell cookie story was something! And Becca, poor dear!

OF COURSE we can still be friends!

I am impressed to read that YOU pulled off the cookie thing... getting it into my system... and laughing hard!!!

p.s. Tiffany with Trouble and baby Trouble is one prized picture!

-stephanie- said...

Harmless fun. You're my kind of friend.
Coal boy started it. He deserved those cookies. Ha!

Mary said...

If you were perfect, you wouldn't be real. I like real people. It's the fake ones I don't

adrienzgirl said...

I agree the picture with Tiff, Trouble and the baby is PRICELESS. As are your stories. You crack me up!

OF COURSE we can still be friends. :P

Tortuga said...

Oh honey, if that's your definition of being "not nice", I gotta wonder why you even let me comment on your blog! I was soooo very not nice as a child that your two little incidents woulda made my mom sing for joy.

The cookie one is hilarious though!!

Kristin said...

Oh heck yes! I think I love you even more now!!! :))

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!! Cassie

CRAZYMOM said...

Haha! Somehow, I'm not surprised. :) You are nice, but you have an awesome sense of humor. Love it!