Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"Trouble, Come Home!"

Ready for another story about Trouble?

Trouble went on a road trip with her Mommy, Daddy, big sisters, and baby brother.

She's in Washington visiting her Daddy's family.

Trouble's uncle has a dog.

The dog's name is Magnus.

Trouble can't say Magnus.

Trouble can say Maggot.

Trouble's uncle isn't a fan of his dog being called Maggot.

"Trouble, say Magnus."

"Maggot."

"No, Magnus."

"Maggot."

"Maaaaggggnusss."

"Maaaagggot."

And so it's gone, for most of Trouble's stay in Washington.

Trouble's mom finally came to the rescue.

"Uncle, it's obvious she can't say the word. We're leaving tomorrow, and chances are she's not going to see your dog again for years, and by then will be able to say his name correctly. And actually, I think it's really cute that Trouble calls your dog Maggot."

The uncle was not amused.

I talked to Trouble's mommy last night.

Trouble's mommy said it's time for Trouble to come home, to people that laugh because she calls the dog Maggot.

I highly agree!


13 comments:

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Maggot is pretty funny. What's up with that dude?

singedwingangel said...

Good grief sounds like the uncle needs a parental reminder on some words he didn't quite master right off the bat..

Dazee Dreamer said...

I love when little kids can't say the words right. And uncle needs to get over it. every party needs a pooper that's why you invited him.

Baby Sister said...

Me too. Now what were you doing up so late?!

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

That is too funny! Her uncle is going to look back and laugh about it one day.

Dominguez Family said...

Did you really post this at 3 in the morning?

Noelle said...

Yes, I really posted it at 3 in the morning. Something woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep. my husband has a core body temp of at least 106 and he has this thing about being right next to me and so I did the next best thing...

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Uncle- anything Trouble says is cute! Can't you see it??

Trouble, please come home. We need more of your babyness. :) :)

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Hey, 3am?? Again? :D I'm amused!

jayayceeblog said...

Hmmmm, so what does she call the Uncle? Sounds like somebody needs to grow a sense of humor! Maggot is such a cute translation and don't you just miss Trouble to death anyway? The nickname Trouble makes me think of a baby t-shirt I bought for our godson once that read, "My Name is No No." =)

adrienzgirl said...

So funny! I just love the Tales of one Trouble! ;)

Beth Zimmerman said...

AMEN! :) My grandkids STILL call Josiah UNKY Joe and they can all pronounce uncle now! It just kind of stuck and he doesn't mind. :) Though the *uggy* pronunciation he wasn't so thrilled with!

Akkila Nellore said...

Dear Noelle
I am a silent follower of your blog. I am new to blogging and when I came across yours I loved it. So I started to follow. What impresses me most is your dedication to your blog and the way you write is too good.
I like the new look of your blog. Will you tell me Noelle, how you made it? Please.
Do visit my blog. It is not very good. Here , I have warned you before hand :)