Monday, August 30, 2010

The Way We Roll-O

I've grounded myself from shutting the garage door.
It's either that or see Jason lose his cool for the first time.
You see, the first time I shut it when I shouldn't have, I forgot we had the bikes on the back of the car...
...thankfully the door barely touched the handle of my bike before it went back up.
The second time was just the other day.
Jason hadn't pulled into the garage completely...

WHICH I KNEW...

and yet as I walked into the house I pushed that stupid grey button.
And so the new car...the one we just got a few months ago...
Thankfully, the garage door just barely touched the hood of the car before it went back up.

BUT STILL...
What is my problem?

Here's the other thing I'm grounded from:

talking to people

The other day I made a phone call to someone who needed my fax number.
I got their answering machine.
I said, "Hi this is Noelle from Linden Nursery.  I'm calling with my fax number.
It's ..." and then there was a pause.
"I can't remember what it is...oh...it's 801 - blah blah blah..."

As soon as I hung up I called my sister.
"What is the fax number to my office?"
"801- blah blah blah..."
Guess what, I totally gave a wrong fax number to the customer I called.

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM?

Thankfully I'm not the only one in my marriage who has problems.
We went for a walk tonight to deliver some cookies I made.
OH...those cookies!!!
I'm going to give you the recipe...that's how much I love you...and how much I love those cookies!

BUT...back on topic...

We went for a walk tonight to deliver some cookies.
The families we wanted to give the cookies to weren't home and so we went with Plan B:
give the cookies to different families.
The different families weren't home either.
As we stood at the door to one of the homes, Jason turned the doorknob and OPENED THE DOOR!
"It's not locked.  Should we leave them inside?"
After I swatted his arm I said, "No, that's an invasion of privacy!  We can't just open their door.  What if someone is home and they think there is an intruder and we scare them half to death???"
Then I said sorry for swatting his arm.
 See...he's got problems too.

BUT.........

Our biggest problem will be solved at 1:00pm tomorrow!

WE'RE SIGNING THE PAPERS ON THE SALE OF JASON'S HOUSE!

Do you realize what this means???
It means that for the first time in our 6 months of marriage
(6 months can you believe it?)
we won't be paying two mortgages!

Ahhh...that sound you hear?  That's the sound of weight being lifted off of my shoulders.
...too bad it can't be lifted off of other things as well...

Okay...here's the recipe and then it's time to find my bed and my book...

Actually, here's a picture first, because if I'm going to go all Betty Crocker on myself, the least you can do is appreciate it with me:


CHOCOLATE ROLO COOKIES

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 and 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon soda
1 pkg. rolos (aprox. 20)

mix everything except rolos.  wrap dough around the rolos and coat with sugar.
bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes

You're welcome.
We'll be back Wednesday sometime.
I'll miss you while I'm gone.
And no, I'm not just saying that.
I'll miss you the same way someone misses a Dr. Pepper if they stop drinking it all of a sudden.
But I won't miss Dr. Pepper ever...because you all know what caffeine does to me...

Okay...okay...I'm going...

12 comments:

Baby Sister said...

Dear Noelle,
I think you two are getting old. Just my opinion.
Why Dr. Pepper? Why not Pepsi?
Go to bed. :)

Love, Me.

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

You're signing the papers!!!!! Yay! I love that you feel lighter! :) :) Enjoy your trip!! You can come back and tell us romantic stories. ;)

Are you suggesting that I use the recipe instead? oh no... no no no.

Tiffany said...

We've had garage door vs. vehicle issues at our house too. We can laugh about it now :)

Congratulations on the sale of Jason's house! Nothing like a little stress relief. That will make a big difference!

Thank you for the recipe. Oh my Large Marge! I can see some significant consumption coming my way. If only I had some small amount of self control. Sheesh!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

OMG those cookies look delicious. I may have to make them this weekend!

Cox Family said...

Yeah! Congrats on the sale of Jason's house. Say hi to my folks!

Bossy Betty said...

Congrats on the sale of the house!

Loved the cookie recipe. I am going to try it.

I'm with Baby Sister--why not Pepsi?

Judie said...

I have done that garage door thing on more than one occasion! Once, the cartop carrier was on the car!
I have also left my purse on the top of the car, more than once.
I have also pulled out of the garage without realizing there was a car parked in the driveway!!

It was such a relief when we sold our house in Memphis FINAllY!!

Now go CELEBRATE!!

Venassa said...

Haha you guys are a bit crazy, but it's nothing serious. So far.
The cookies look amazing. I may have to steal that recipe.

Dazee Dreamer said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only dork that does stuff like that.

And those cookies look way num.

I so glad that hubby's house sold.

And I totally thought you have been married for a long time. only 6 months. wow. No rush on the babies. I thought it was like 2 years.

Lani said...

those cookies look awesome. Unfortunately, i have sworn off all types of cooking so you are going to have to send me some.

Judie said...

The next time I bake, I am going to use your cookie recipe. It may be yellowed with age, but I WILL use it!

Sandra said...

Chocolate Rollo cookies????!!! You're killing me here!