Wednesday, September 29, 2010

As Far As Birthdays Go

I'd have to rate mine somewhere between a C and a C-.

My day started out great.  Jason made me the most delicious breakfast of what he calls Swedish pancakes (what I call crepes); they were filled with strawberries and whip cream and dusted with powdered sugar. They were delicious!

The day ended with my head in a garbage can.  It wasn't pretty.  And every half hour, almost like clockwork, I was throwing up. All. Night. Long.

And then, somewhere in the middle of the day, I learned that my friend had died from the cancer she has been battling for a few years.

But somewhere in the middle too...I received more emails, and phone calls, and texts, and Facebook messages, than I have ever received in my life, wishing me a happy birthday.  And I felt loved.

And somewhere in the middle Jason and my sister and I went out to dinner and we laughed and had a good time.

And somewhere in the middle I got a card from my parents that made me cry.

And later, while my head was in the garbage can, Jason was there rubbing my back.

My head is no longer in the garbage can, but it is still dizzy.  (Have I mentioned recently that I HATE vertigo?)  I'm grateful that with this episode I didn't end up in the ER...at least there's that.

So the moral of this story is that while my day was a C-, the people in it get an A+.

I'm going now, to find my pillow and the couch.

If my head is clear tomorrow...oh just wait for the post I'll post!!!

10 comments:

Sam said...

First, happy belated birthday!

Second, boo on the C- part of the day! But I'm glad that the day was filled with A+ people!

And I'm very sorry about your friend. *hugs* :(

Kristin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer is an evil thing. {{Hugs}} to you.

But how wonderful to have some amazing and supportive people in your life. You are so blessed!! :)

Cassie said...

Sorry you had such crummy things happen on your birthday that sucks, but so nice you have a husband who loves you and family too, what a blessing and lucky girl you are. Happy Happy day to you, get feeling better!!

jayayceeblog said...

Well, bless your heart! I'm sorry it wasn't the best birthday ever but am so glad you are surrounded with love and loving people! Vertigo sucks!!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I feel so bad for you. Poor girl. Your breakfast sounded way nummy. Wish my hubby cooked breakfast for me.

Kate said...

Happy birthday chiquita! I was going to blame the swedish pancakes posing as crepes for your puke-fest but I guess there's already been a culprit named. Hope you feel better. :)

Judie said...

Hurling is THE WORST! Migraines used to make me hurl! I am patting you on the shoulder and saying, "There, there."

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Aww. Ow. :( :(

Jason is a blessing.

Hey! Wait! I'm NOT going to feel bad for you! AT ALL. You celebrated your birthday with your sister. I cried AGAIN this year on my sister's birthday because I missed her soooooo bad despite getting to stare at her on skype.

Actually, come here, my friend. Let me hug you. Sorry about the vertigo. You know that the "one day when I'll come up with a cure" is just around the corner, don't you? Just making sure. You know I love you, don't you? Ya okay. I thought so.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Noelle. I am sorry you ended up sick but all the love had to help some. I hope tomorrow is a better day. Take care of yourself and next April, I want to borrow your hubby. Mine won't fix me breakfast and Swedish pancakes are my favorite (I'm Swede you know).
Sleep well and God Bless!!!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Happy birthday! Sorry about the terrible things that happened that marred your day.