Sunday, September 5, 2010

Because It's Sunday

It's safe to say that at least half of my Sunday wardrobe is based around one brown shirt.  I can wear almost anything as long as I've got the brown shirt to blend it all together.

This morning as I was getting ready for church I realized that the brown shirt was missing.

I couldn't find it anywhere.

I stood in my closet for 5 minutes, like a lost little girl, looking for something that I could wear with a black shirt.

I told Jason he was going to have to go to church without me.

He just waited patiently.

When we finally got to church someone commented on how we were later than usual.

I blamed it on my wardrobe malfunction.

This afternoon we went to another church meeting with my sister and her family.  Trouble wanted to sit on my lap.  (For those who are new to the party, Trouble is my three year old niece who is really named Samantha.)

A few minutes after the meeting started Trouble looked down at herself and whispered "Oh no, I wore the wrong shirt."

Jason and I couldn't stop laughing.

"You see dear, it starts young.  I can't help but have a bad wardrobe day once in a while..."  is what I said to Jason.

Later as we were leaving the meeting I finally looked closely at what my sister Becca was wearing.

"Is that my brown shirt?" I asked.

"Yep," was her reply.

7 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

you should have made her take it off right there and then. kidding.

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

That is hilarious...runs in the family. Sounds like you need to borrow something new from your sister.

Heather said...

Good luck getting the shirt back. It sounds pretty valuable!

Cheeseboy said...

Oh girls and their wardrobe issues...

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

I read this and laughed so hard!!!!!!! :D :D :D If Trouble is going to grow up being your replica, darling, she's got great luck!!! :)

Becca- you're awesome!! :D

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

Must be one awesome shirt-you should post a picture of it

jayayceeblog said...

It does start young, doesn't it??? What a great story. You should get them all brown shirts for Christmas!