Thursday, September 2, 2010

Miss Me?

I swear to you people that if I eat ONE more chocolate rolo cookie...
I won't finish that sentence.  After all, it's my problem, not your's.

Have I mentioned to you that whenever we go to Jason's hometown I feel guilty?
He's a celebrity of sorts in Monticello...
...the golden child...
...every mother's dream for her daughter...
It's amazing really.  Everywhere we go: the city building, the title office, the grocery store...
This is what I hear, "JASON!  It's so good to have you back home!"
And that's where the guilt sets in - because I took him away.
He'd tell me it was his choice...but I still feel guilty.

Last night my sister asked if I would stop at her house on my way home and change her porch light bulb.
For the entire 7 years that we lived together I was the official porch light bulb changer...my sister isn't even sure how to get inside the light fixture. 
She's so short she couldn't reach it anyway.
I told her I couldn't last night.  I was on a tight schedule and had to run and buy some stationary for Grandma before my meeting at 7pm.
"I don't want stationary from just any store Noelle.  It has to be from that store in the mall.  And I need you to bring it down to me this week, because you have three months of bank statements waiting here, and my checkbook needs to be balanced, and when you come can you stop at the sandwich place and bring me dinner, oh and while you're at the mall can you shop for a black blouse for me?"
I drew the line at the black blouse. 

That was a tangent...back to the light bulb.
My sister told me she would buy the stationary if I would change the light bulb.
She had herself a deal.
When I let myself in at my sister's house I found her new roommate and her roommate's semi-boyfriend sitting on the couch.
That was weird.
I wanted to say, "Hey, who let you in?  You can't be here.  Get your feet off my sister's couch."
But instead I said, "Oops, looks like I have to knock now that someone else lives here too."
If I'm going to have trouble getting used to a new roommate at Becca's house, I can't imagine what she's going to go through.

Have you noticed yet that I really have nothing to say?

I'll stop babbling now and just show you a picture and then I'll get on with my day.
I have a million blogs to read.
And since I'm at work I think I should actually work.
And in a few hours I'll drive the hour plus to Grandma's house.
...can't let her starve...
...and there's that checkbook that needs balancing...
...while I'm at it, anyone else need their checkbook balanced?



I love everything about this picture.

Happy Thursday friends!

13 comments:

Baby Sister said...

I didn't even think of the new roommate and the problems it would cause for those of us who have a key to Becca's house...bother.

Cute picture of Ruth!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

where is said hometown of jason?

what a good granddaughter you are. will you be my daughter?

scary walking in on the roommates. hope you didn't catch them doing anything. yikers

Cox Family said...

Did you sign the papers for Jason's house? Don't be fooled by all the home town people, Jason definitely wasn't the golden child growing up. I was.

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Awww, now look at that cutie! I love her tummy!

Monticello did not have "you". So, it just took second place in Jason's heart. Toughie. He's a good man. :) :)

I DON'T like the sound of room-mates. Why can't rent not exist??

The trip was successful, right? How come you have nothing to say? Celebrate!!! I'm eating chocolate cream biscuits on your behalf!

jayayceeblog said...

So what kind of stationery did she want? I owned a stationery store for a number of years and am always interested in the paper people buy and the colors and the designs. Sometimes I miss it. Wow, you should put Official Porch Light Bulb Changer on your resume! I love everything about that picture too. Makes me want to know the story behind it. Where is she going ... where has she been ... where is everyone else? I'll bet being married to the golden boy has its benefits!

Judie said...

Don't even mention check book balancing to Rod! When we were in Atlanta, he discovered that the sibling who was supposed to be taking care of Mum's check book had not entered a single deposit or brought down a single balance! How do people live like that???

They are lucky to have you, Noelle, even if you do have a mean streak.

LOVE that picture!!

Venassa said...

I even enjoy your stories when you think you have nothing to say.
That would be a bit awkward walking in to see her new roommate and boyfriend. Could've been a lot more awkward though I guess.

Heather said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE rolo cookies. My family would be so pumped if I made some.

I was wondering where you were! I am glad you are back.

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

Wow. I love everything about that picture, too. Especially the pigtails:-) They sort of match those plants. You can balance my checkbook if you are volunteering. It needs it.

adrienzgirl said...

No need for you to balance my checkbook. Zero is zero. :D

The picture is so cute!

Bossy Betty said...

So you are married to a celebrity! Yeah!!!

Lovely picture!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Great picture. Hope that little hiker had strong sunblock and a bottle of water. Looks hot there.

Loralee and the gang... said...

And I thought I had it bad because I have to iron all the dress shirts in the house...any extra checkbooks to balance and I think I would slit my wrists...jk kinda...