Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Judgement Day and The Winner!

If a wife were to be judged on her wifeliness by what she has in her refrigerator I would get a D.  A solid D.

Here's what' we've got:

1 gallon of milk
1 carton of grapefruit juice
7 eggs
butter
jam
1 package of blueberry bagels
2 packages of tortillas
and string cheese

We have the milk and the juice because we bought it tonight.
Maybe tomorrow night we'll have time to go to the grocery store.

Jason rode his bike and met me at the gym tonight.  By the time he got there he was beat.
"What did you eat today?" I asked, knowing that he would probably say 'nothing.'
"A pro bar," he said.  (Pro Bars are energy bars that people eat when they need lots of energy fast...and they're kind of gross.)
"What do you want for dinner?" I asked.
"Let's just drive down State Street and see what stands out," my handsome husband said.

McDonalds?  No.
Arbys?  No.
Del Taco?  No.
Pizza Factory?  No.
Los Hermanos?  No.
Carls Jr?  No.
Kneaders?  No.
Zupas?  No.

Finally Jason said, "What's the name of that buffet our grandparents would like?"
"Chuck-A-Rama?" I said.
"YES!  Let's go there!"
And so we did...but not without me laughing the entire time it took us to get there.
Because who eats at Chuck-A-Rama?

I was somewhere near the salad bar when I said to my husband, "Hey baby, want to go home with me tonight?"  He said, "Maybe."

Maybe?  Who says maybe?

Half way through dinner Jason looked at me and said, "You're not really a good candidate for a buffet are you?"  Why?  Because I don't eat enough to make it worth the money?  He has a point.

Dear Husband, I promise to cook you dinner one night this week.  Love, Your Wife.

I have an appointment with a doctor this afternoon - one who specializes in inner ear problems.  Wish me luck.

You are wondering when I will announce the winner for the apple cider give away, yes?

Dear Heather,

YOU WIN!

Blogger Heather said...

All right. I'll comment first ruining my chances of winning!!
That was the perfect thing to say about your hair. How sweet.

Your mom sounds hilarious and having triplets and twins and more would definitely ruin my memory....and even more of my mind!!

(Why are you up so late? Are you a night owl?)

Have a great day!
Send me your address and the cider is yours!!!  
I'll have you know that the drawing was fair...Jason picked Heather's name out of the pile of names of all who commented.
BUT...with that said, I think you would all agree with me that Emily in Japan should get some cider too. 


Blogger acte gratuit said...

Dear Noelle,
Here is why I should win this giveaway:
1. I'm a lurker
2. I love love LOVE Stephens, and especially Stephens Apple Cider, and I'm pretty dang sure I'd love it even more with Caramel in it.
3. I live in Northern Japan and have no (ZERO) access to Stephen's Caramel Apple Cider.
4. It's the start of a long, cold, depressing winter here and I could use some cheering up.
5. I've never won a blog giveaway and I think I'll actually be truly disappointed if I don't win this one!
6. Did I mention I live in Northern Japan? Very far from a Costco or Super Target or
Albertson's or Dan's Food? (*tortured sigh*)
7. Oh, but I do have an American address, so shipping wont be terrible.
8. Have I convinced all other entrants to withdraw yet???
:)
Emily in Japan
9. Would it help to bribe you with some Japanese Sea Glass? Chopsticks? Sushi erasers?

Dear Emily, send me your address and the cider is yours too!
And now I must go and rescue my ipad from the husband before he downloads any more apps.  He'll use up all of the memory before I even get one book on there.

  





 

13 comments:

Baby Sister said...

I don't really see a problem...you have string cheese, bagels, and tortillas. And water from the tap/fridge. I would be so happy with that. :)

Save the iPad!!

Stacey said...

Sounds like my fridge! Minus the grapefruit, bagels and string cheese! Ok.. maybe not.. but close. I haven't been to the grocery store in forever!

Heather said...

Wow. Thanks!!! I have never won anything. And you did two which is good, because I would have felt terrible if Emily didn't get some!

Thanks. That seemed like a well balanced meal in your fridge. I think you at least deserve a B-.

Elizabeth said...

Funny post. I love it!

Congrats to both Heather & Emily in Japan. They totally deserve it.

xo -El

Dazee Dreamer said...

hello, My name Is Emily. and my address is......

hahaha, lucky winners.

I so hope the doctor can help you.

Kristin said...

Who says Maybe??? LOL

Good luck at the doctors...and congrats to the winners!!!

Jessica said...

I'd say you get at least a C on the fridge's contents. You've got all the basics--milk, eggs, bread (bagels count).

Kristie said...

If this dr can't help you, I'm gonna be mad!

My parents eat at Chuck-A-Rama all the time! You didn't see them there, did ya? :)

Judie said...

Those calcium crystals in your inner ear have probably shifted, and that's why you got so freaking dizzy and sick. I had that for the longest time, and when our cousin who is a neurosurgeon came for a visit, he gave me the treatment for it, and I haven't had any problems since. I don't want to tell you what the treatment is, because you won't believe me.

After Keil is gone, we'll have as much in our fridge as you do! sniff, sniff, waaaaah!

Kate said...

Hey, I think ProBars are delicious and totally count as a well-balanced meal!

I've only been to Chuck a Rama once and I felt like pure WT because I had to nurse my baby in the booth there. Nothing like public breastfeeding at a buffet. Makes it a little more all-inclusive.

acte gratuit said...

YAY! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!! ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BEST PRIZE EVER!!!!!

Thank you SO MUCH!!! Can't wait! I'll send you an e-mail with my info!

jayayceeblog said...

Chuck-A-Rama sounds like one of those fun things we do when we yell Field Trip and just go. And "Maybe?" Somebody's blood sugar must have been low!!!

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

I agree with Baby Sister! I'd have eaten all the cheese just like that. (I do that sometimes. Therefore, the dimensions.)

Yay for Heather and Emily!!! :) But they ought to be jealous. They aren't getting cookies on Christmas day, are they? :D :D :D Hahahahahahaha!