Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Word of Caution

Don't ever chop your hair and color it the day before you take family pictures.
You will go through serious hair cutting remorse.
*sigh*
What's done is done.

Jason and I are leaving bright and early Friday morning.
We're headed to Steamboat Springs, Colorado, for the weekend.
Jason will do a little work, and I will do a lot of relaxing.

I have a million things to do before we leave and sadly, I don't have time to draw you pictures this week.
I'm sure you'll get over it.
Instead of colored pictures I'll give you family pictures...
...as I know you are dying to see more of my family.

Before the pictures I walked into my parent's house to brush through my hair.
I helped my mom pick out something to wear and then yelled to my dad,
"Dad, you need to change.  We're taking pictures in two minutes!'
Mom quietly said, "He did change."
"Never mind Dad, you look great," I hollered...
...if you look past the patch in the knee of your pants and your old flannel shirt.
That Dad of mine...he is one stubborn man.

And now, the entire Because Nice Matters family...in birth order...

Mom and Dad


The Triplets: Becca, Jared (and Rachel and family),and Noelle (and the handsome husband)




The Twins: Heather (and Kevin and kiddies) and Ben (and Amber and kiddies)



Tiffany (and Corey)


And last but not least...Amanda...or Baby Sister


And just one more because I can't get over the cuteness that is my niece Kate


I think you should know that my Grandma Lucy, who I love in spite of herself, will tell the whole world that Tiffany is the most beautiful girl in the family. 

So there's that.

And now, if you'll excuse me...my brand new iron is calling to me from the other room.

19 comments:

Kristin said...

Great family photos! :) Really, triplets AND twins?? Your family is beautiful. Have a great time relaxing!!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

Have fun on your trip. And I love your hair

Baby Sister said...

And that I will NEVER get married if I don't lose weight. Because really only go for the skinny ones.

Baby Sister said...

Because boys really*

Megan said...

your hair looks great! you're just getting used to the newness... soon you'll like it too :) Baby sis... you look great- who needs a man anyways? <3, me

Jamie said...

First...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the hair cut. I Loved the long, but I am really LOVING the shorter.

Second...Great Family picks...Do not worry about Dad's clothes, in the long run it doesn't matter and in the short run, he looks relaxed and comfortable and the pic of him and your mom is GREAT!

Third...the other "families" in your family...they are all awesome looking! You have a great family tree. Baby Sister is Beautiful...don't be so hard on your self. Be confident in who God made you to be, since He DOES NOT make mistakes!

Fourth...sorry I have been MIA. I am trying...it is not working...I am neglecting, ignoring and MISSING all of my blog peeps! I am working on an email; taking 4+ days to write. Just know I MISS YOU!!!

Fifth...That husband of yours is a KEEPER...

Venassa said...

You have a great looking family. I still can't get over the twins and triplets thing.
Have a good time relaxing!

jayayceeblog said...

Those are great family pictures ... what a good lookin' bunch of people!!!

Kristie said...

Love the pictures! I can't believe how big the kiddies are getting.

Have a great weekend!

Cheeseboy said...

What a great looking fam. You really have done well.

Our family pics are Wed. I should probably cancel that perm I was planning.

cathyjoy said...

shouldn't your brand new iron be calling the handsome husband???

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Grandma said to Baby Sister that boys go only for the skinny ones?? Grandma?!! :0 She already found a boy!

I LOVE your family pictures. I cannot tell you how excited I get each time one of you girls blogs about them! I vote for the Platts! :) :)

I love you in this hair color just as much! You're looking really sweet! The earrings look great on you! (You could get a lie-detector test done on this comment. It will pass!)

Judie said...

You have a beautiful family!
And you have a brand new iron!! Yea!!
What's an iron?

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

beautiful family, Noelle-have fun in Colorado Springs!

Sandra said...

Love the pics. Your niece is not just beautiful, she's positively stunning, like Toddler's in Tiara's stunning...I mean that with much respect (I happen to love that show, yes, I do!)
And your hair looks terrific!
Have a good weekend.

Joann Mannix said...

Have a great time! and look at you, and your beautiful hair and your beautiful family. All of it, makes me smile.

And just so you know, the iron NEVER calls my name. No matter how new and snazzy it is.

Tami B said...

That's ok Noelle. Grandma thinks Aunt Judy and I can't take care of nice things - meaning we can't be trusted with heirlooms. I love the comment - love her in spite of herself. Me too! Although she once told Halli that even though Mitchell is her favorite she still loved Halli - lol.

Tami B said...

That's ok Noelle. Grandma thinks Aunt Judy and I can't take care of nice things - meaning we can't be trusted with heirlooms. I love the comment - love her in spite of herself. Me too! Although she once told Halli that even though Mitchell is her favorite she still loved Halli - lol.

Jami said...

You have a big beautiful family! How many turkeys do you make at Thanksgiving?