Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Would You Ever

Go Into Bed Bath and Beyond and buy the most expensive iron you find?

My husband lives a charmed life.
A truly charmed life.
And it makes me nervous.

Example 1

Jason joins an online dating site.
Jason sends a message to a girl.
The girl responds.
In just a few short months, Jason is married to the girl.

Example 2


Jason puts his house up for sell.
Jason puts his house up for sell in a town that has 40 other houses up for sale.
Jason's house is in a town that has a total of 47 residents.
Jason sells his house.
Jason sells his house to the same man who made an offer on the house the same time Jason did, 4 years ago.
The man Jason sells his house to is from Washington DC and has no ties to the 47 residents living in town.
Jason sells his house for more than any other person in town has gotten for their house in the last 2 years.

Example 3


Jason decides to sell his car.
Not the new car his boss bought him as a bonus, but the car he was driving before the bonus.
Jason takes pictures of the car, writes an ad, and posts it on a local want-ad website.
Within 5 minutes of posting the ad Jason gets three phone calls and one email.
Within one hour of posting the ad, a man comes to take the car for a test drive.
Within two hours of posting the ad, Jason has sold the car...for the amount he wanted to get for it.

After selling the car we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  My iron broke.  It randomly fell out of the iron holder on the wall and crashed to the floor.
I do not live a charmed life.
Things break, my internet connection at work goes haywire (I haven't had internet in over 24 hours), I forget to shut the washer lid when I start a load of laundry, I step on a piece of the broken iron and get it stuck in my foot...

Sorry for the tangent.
As I was saying, we went to find an iron.
I would have been happy with the middle-class iron.
I'm a middle-class kind of girl.
But Jason just sold his car.
And if we're going to buy an iron we are going to buy an iron.
I gave my handsome husband a choice.  He could buy me the middle class iron and I would continue to iron his shirts, or he could buy the iron of all irons, and he could iron his own shirts.

As we went to make our purchase I asked the cashier, "How many customers do you get like us, who pay for the most expensive iron you have in your store?"



My husband lives a charmed life.
A truly charmed life.
And it makes me nervous.
As one not used to 'charmed' I'm not sure how to react.
And I'm certainly not convinced that it's going to last.

I will say this about that charmed life my husband lives.
When he walked in the house with the money from the car he handed it to me and said, "It's all yours."
I gave him some of it back and said, "I will use the rest to pay off some bills."
That money I gave him?  To spend however he wanted?
He used it to buy the iron.
I think I'll keep him.

17 comments:

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Lucky guy. You need to keep him around (maybe it will rub off).

Heather said...

You DO live a charmed life. You got him. And you don't have to iron any more!
(You are right though he does seem to lead an exceedingly charmed life. I may send you some stuff I have been trying to unload on Craig's List.)

Dazee Dreamer said...

You have the sweetest husband ever. Hold on tight!!!

cathyjoy said...

that is so sweet - that he bought the iron.

it's even sweeter that he's gonna use it to iron his own shirts!

Baby Sister said...

He is a good guy and he surely loves you. That's awesome that he sold his car. :) Yay for Jason!!

Dominguez Family said...

Maybe you'll be lucky and some of it will rub off on you. Let's just hope it's not the other way around. ;-) btw, that is how my brothers life is!

Kristin said...

I spilled half a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte on me and my car today because the "Barista" did not put the lid on tight. I do not live a charmed life either. ;)

Hollie said...

my fiance is this way too. drives me nuts. I have zero luck, so I'm sticking with him. :]

Panda said...

HAHA! i love that you gave him some money to spend and he bought an iron. My fiance would have bought the most expensive one too. we are middle class peeps too. i dont get it.

adrienzgirl said...

This post is so cute. I don't have an iron. You know why? I would never use it. My hubby who does the laundry (yes, I am that lucky) makes sure everything comes straight out of the dryer to hanger.

Anything that requires pressing goes to the dry cleaner.

jayayceeblog said...

You lucky girl! I'd send him immediately to buy a lottery ticket!

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

:D :D Jason is cute!

Did you hurt your foot too bad with that piece of the iron?? I think not. Just checking. :)

Yay for the car getting sold too!!!!

RawknRobynsGoneBlogWild said...

Example #6: Jason buys me a lottery ticket.
No? Well, it was worth a try!
xoRobyn

Venassa said...

Aww such a sweetie for buying the iron. Hold on to this one. At least his luck is benefiting you, at least most of the time.

Kelly and Sara said...

Can your boy give my boy some tips?

Amy said...

I used to think Josh was charmed. But then I realized that un-charmed rubs off on charmed much more quickly than the other way around. Enjoy it! :D

Also what is exactly is so special about a fancy pants iron?

Amy said...

I used to think Josh was charmed. But then I realized that un-charmed rubs off on charmed much more quickly than the other way around. Enjoy it! :D

Also what is exactly is so special about a fancy pants iron?