Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Another Love Note To My Husband

Dear Husband,

When you go away and leave me to my own devices for more than 24 hours I might do drastic things.
Drastic things that make our life easier - but drastic nonetheless.
I made a purchase tonight.
A really heavy purchase.
A really heavy purchase that was more than 50% off...just so you know.
And I may have ruined my hernia repair in trying to get it to our bedroom.
My brothers weren't available.
Becca helped but she gave me the heavy end.
I had plans to go to the gym tonight.
Carrying my heavy purchase more than made up for the gym:






























I couldn't figure out the flash on your camera.
The top two drawers are mine and the bottom three are yours.
TWO of your drawers are filled with socks.
You have enough socks to sock a small country.
Seriously.
Here's the deal.
You can keep as many pair of socks as you want as long as they fit into those two drawers.
After that, I have two words for you:  good will.

So - don't be mad.
Get it all out with that mild case of road rage you have before you come home.

Love,
Your adoring wife

13 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

What are you worried about? He's going to love it! Especially since you are giving him more drawers that you!

singedwingangel said...

That is beautiful. I think he will let it slide this time lol

Heather said...

I think it is a nice a responsible purchase. Good job.
But if you are still worried - as a bonus you could put a new package of socks in his drawers. :)

Baby Sister said...

I like it. Where'd you get it?

Dazee Dreamer said...

you are so sweet. maybe you should be a little christmas elf and give those socks away. :)

-stephanie- said...

Love the purchase.
Love that it was more than 50% off.
Love that you gave him 3 drawers.
Love that you told him about this over the internet. HA!

Hope your hernia repair holds up.:oD

jayayceeblog said...

That is absolutely bee-yoo-tee-full! What a pretty corner space with your wonderful picture and clock and basket and all the lovely accoutrements. He is very lucky that you didn't make him carry it up the stairs and you were extremely generous with the drawer space!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, good find! I love 50% off! I love it so much I even have a 50% off tag on my blog. Sorry about your hernia. I had one too, only I didn't even know I had it. I just thought my belly button was stretched beyond repair from having kids. It's all fixed now and my belly button is back to normal. I'm sure you really needed to know that.

xo -El

Kristin said...

I can't believe you gave him three drawers. Rick has three drawers...they just happen to be in three different dressers! HA!

Other than that, it's gorgeous!!

Amy said...

Ooooh it's so pretty!

Also Josh has a sock obsession too. What is that?

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

It's gorgeous!!!! I love it!

Did you EVER say you needed help redecorating? Did I ever use too many brain cells thinking and wondering on your behalf? Well, next time remind me that you do a darn good job on your own! I'll save some of that thinking to do while answering my mcqs then!

Jason--- say you love it. Say it. Just SAY IT!

Meghan said...

I love it! Its so cute. I have never heard of anybody with a sock collection before, very interesting.

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

He gets two whole drawers...he should consider himself a lucky man. And just for socks? Sounds like my husband!