Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Heart of the Matter

Guess what I did this morning.
Go on...guess.
I made a crock pot lasagna.
I know.
I'm amazing.
Guess how much I love Jason?
I put mushrooms in the lasagna.
That is a LOT of love.

Guess what else I did this morning?
I went to the cardiologist.
I know.
You all wish you had gone to the cardiologist.
After shooting saline through my veins and into my heart...
and one ecocardiogram...
it has been determined.
I have a hole in my heart.
A small to moderate hole, but a hole nonetheless.
The nurse said my story (dizziness, migraines, and general discord between my head and myself) warrants a visit with the doctor himself.
Apparently they screen their patients and hooray for me, I passed the screening.
Or not hooray for me.
I have two appointments next week: one with the ENT to go over all of my tests, and one with the wizard himself.

I called my mom to tell her the news and after talking for a few minutes she said, "Sami is dying to talk to you."
I heard Sami in the background, "Grandma, I not dying."
And then this;
"Well?  (Because she can't say Noelle) You got a hole in your heart?"
"Yes Sami."
"Why?"
"I don't know Sami."
"Did the doctor do it?"
"No Sami, the doctor is trying to help me.  He took a picture of my heart."
"Well?  You got a hole in your heart?"
"Yes Sami."
"That not healthy."

Actually, other than the hole, my heart is healthy. 
Super healthy.
At least there's that.

And with that I'm off to do something to actually earn the paycheck I get.
Keep your fingers crossed that the lasagna turns out okay.
We're having a dinner party at our house tonight...our first.
I bought key lime pie for dessert.
That will teach Jason.

17 comments:

wjmom said...

I hope the knowing will lead to treatment so you can be healthy and happy and not sick and sad.

Kristin said...

I just want you to know that I now have that Don Henley song going through my head, and probably will all day, only I can only remember the first three lines of the chorus. :/

PS Glad you're finally getting some answers!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

keep us posted on that hole in your heart.

And crock pot lasagna. You have got to tell us how it turns out. I would never think to make it in there. or post the recipe. or both

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Hole?? Okay, after calming down a bit, I've decided we ought to be glad we know what's been going on in there.

Key lime pie!!! :D :D :D Oh, I can't stop laughing!

Lasagna? I'm going to do voodoo and make it enter my tummy instead of the guests! Hahahaha!

p.s. does your vein feel okay?

Amy said...

Well? I'm praying for you - OK?

Amy said...

Also praying for your lasagna.

Brynn said...

I'm glad they finally figured out what was wrong, although a hole is no good. Hope they can fix it soon.

Gene and Sheri Family said...

just LOVE the "Well?"....too cute!!! SO glad you are getting to the bottom of all your health troubles!! Prayers are coming your way!

Meghan said...

We are praying for you. I hope they can fix it and you wont get sick anymore.

I am scared of my crockpot so I am really impressed. I hope it turns out great!

Taylor said...

I hope you get all the health concerns settled soon!

Please share the recipe for the crockpot lasanga.
Sans mushrooms.

Jamie said...

several things...
your niece Sami...she loves you, and you can tell! Love your conversations, thanks for sharing.
the hole in your heart...I am not sure how to feel. I will be praying that the doctors have wisdom and help you to get better.
lasagna...recipe please...I am cool with mushrooms, so let me know!
your voice mail...does she give you the messages or does she eat them?
That is all...

Jamie said...

several things...
your niece Sami...she loves you, and you can tell! Love your conversations, thanks for sharing.
the hole in your heart...I am not sure how to feel. I will be praying that the doctors have wisdom and help you to get better.
lasagna...recipe please...I am cool with mushrooms, so let me know!
your voice mail...does she give you the messages or does she eat them?
That is all...

Joann Mannix said...

Okay. Hole in the heart is upsetting. Yes. BUT fixable, very, very fixable. You are in my prayers my darling girl. I'm glad we're getting to the bottom of this. The great wizard will know what to do to fix this.

I had an echo yesterday, myself. My results were good. They're still trying to eliminate all the big, bad boys because I was startled to hear yesterday that my eye is still not following the pencil like it should and my blood pressure is still wacky. So we are going to test more.

Oh, and I did test positive on one titer for Lyme disease. I know. Who would have thought of this with three dogs? But false positives are common with Lyme disease, so we're retesting for that.

But enough of me, let's get that hole mended! I've got some superglue!

Jessica said...

That's gotta be a relief that at least you know the big WHY now. I hope the cardiologist can fix you! ;) And good luck with that lasagna!

jayayceeblog said...

That's some scary sounding news, Well! I have total faith that they will figure this whole thing out so that you are 100% without all the dizziness and other annoying symptoms. Saying a little prayer for you right this second. Do you feel it coming your way? It includes wonderful healing and a long, happy life with lots of babies for you and your sweet, romantic husband!!!

Sandra said...

Well the hole in your heart would explain everything. Poor oxygen perfusion to your brain would cause vasoconstriction thus increasing your blood pressure with secondary effects of migraines, nausea, and vomitting....see, aren't you glad I go to class instead of sitting at home blogging?
Seriously, I'm so glad they discovered something. Now you will be well, I can feel it in my bones! Take care sweet Noelle!

Shan said...

Well it's good to have a place to start, right?

Hope the party went well!