Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Post In Which She Babbles Endlessly

Jason is out of town until Friday.
Before he left he told me to get all of my wild and crazy ideas out of my system before he returned.
I've been thinking all morning about those wild and crazy ideas.
I'm going to mop the floor...
and iron...
finish decorating the Christmas tree...
and figure out a better way to organize our closet...
sleep in the middle of the bed...
and eat cold cereal for dinner every night...
I wonder if those are the ideas he was referring to.

Did you know that I won a give away?
You probably didnt' because I didn't tell you.
Amazing how that works.
My friend Kristin @ Betty Crocker Wannabe had a give away for a Christmas card she would design for someone.
Look what she made for me:












If you go to her blog you will have the pleasure of listening to John Denver sing Christmas songs with the Muppets.  I've had her blog open for 10 minutes now and I've enjoyed every second of it.
John Denver...sigh...I was living in NYC when he died.  I cried.

I told Jason that is was time we took some new pictures.  I'm pretty sure people are sick of looking at our engagement pictures. 

My friend Dazee Dreamer has a link-up on her blog every Tuesday.  For Christmas this year I decided to give her my participation.  You're welcome Dazee.  She's hopeful that she'll become world famous for the link-up she started. (All you have to do is write a letter to someone...)

Dear Miss Dazee,
This letter is for you.

Dear Blog Designer Who I Paid Good Money To:

You know how you say: "Mock-ups are provided. Typically these are provided within 2 - 3 business days of beginning a design."?  I'd like to point out that it's been 2-3 business months now and I am still waiting.  I'm a patient person, really.  But even my patience has it's limits.  If I don't have a finished product by December 3rd at 4:52pm I will request a refund of my deposit.  Oh...and I won't be writing you a positive review.  You can count on that.

Very Sincerely Irritated,

Yes Nice Does Matter...but Even Nice Gets Mad Sometimes.

If I were AT ALL competent with a computer I would design my own blog...I'm not.
But trust me, if the designer comes through, I think you will like the new look.

And one more little piece of information.
I've been medication free for 4 whole days.
Two nights ago it was Jason's turn to pray.
I reminded him to pray that I wouldn't wake up sick.
But then I thought better and amended my request.
"Actually, that leaves the afternoon open for sickness.  Why don't you ask that I won't get sick tomorrow."
So far it's working.
And I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

















Remember when I made this repel?
Me too.
I will never do that again.
Just wanted to go on public record so that Jason would see it in writing.

I'll stop babbling now.
Enjoy your last day of November!

15 comments:

Kristin said...

So glad you're happy with your Christmas card. :))

John Denver & The Muppets is one of those specials that I've watched with my mom every year since I was little, and now Coop's listening to the music too.

About your blog - I think two months is waaaay too long to wait. Don't wait till Dec 3 to request a refund - do it now and I will help you design your blog!!! (I do all of mine myself)

I'm really glad to hear that you have been having some good health days :)

Heather said...

Great picture on your card. Great card.
Cruddy blog design situation. I'll be anxiously awaiting the outcome. The Coach keeps asking me what I want for Christmas and I have thought of telling him I want a new blog design. Think he would go for it?

I hope you continue to feel good!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

Dear Noelle,
I love you my twisted cyber sister. Thanks for joining in on the fun of me becoming world famous. tee-hee-hee. as if.

I'm so excited you have been sick free. :)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That's a very sweet holiday photo.
You are in fact nice to not reveal the name of the blog designer. That's stupid of him/her, given the bad press that would ensue from customers not as nice as you.
Happy holidays.
xoRobyn

Baby Sister said...

"but even nice gets mad sometimes..." you make me laugh. :)

Venassa said...

That is a really nice Christmas card! Mine are store bought from Wal-Mart lol.
That sucks about the blog design. I wouldn't mind having someone do my blog as well. I'm not good as making headers and backgrounds so I can't do it.
Hope you don't get sick!

Judie said...

I happen to like your blog layout! I think you did a great job on your own.

Just looking at that huge rock makes me dizzy! Ooooh! I'm falling....

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

I like your current design too! You knew that! :) My last day of November is gone. Poof!

If the designer isn't reading this, he/she is totally crazy.

Hugs. :) :)

p.s. love the card!

Joann Mannix said...

I so love the card. You're so pretty, my lovely Noelle!

This is the year. I promise. I promise. I promise. I'm getting the Christmas cards out. I'm such a bad corresponder when it comes to mail and it's been 4 years that I haven't managed to get out cards and I have these 3 beautiful girls whose images would just make a Christmas card sparkle. I'm doing it.

Oh and that is so bad about the blog designer! Terrible! They should be ashamed! I'm telling you, Splendid Sparrow. She is talented, professional and gets the job done in an efficient and timely manner. Check out her website. Google Splendid Sparrow.

I am praying for you girlie. You and me, we're too cool to get sick!

Also, I loved John Denver. I had my soloist sing, "Annie's Song" at my wedding. And my favorite JD song was his version of "I'm Leavin On A Jet Plane." Pretty creepy, eh?

Cheeseboy said...

Congrats on the victory of the blog. The card looks really nice.

As tempting the Muppet/John Denver duo sounds, I think I'll turn my sound off. (It's something I've learned to do while surfing mommy blogs.)

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

I'm glad you haven't been sick! For Christmas, I'll give you my afternoon prayers. Have a good week, Noelle. Enjoy the cereal

Jason said...

All I can say is...I Love You:)!

...and you make me laugh.

Sandra said...

You need new pictures, I have a contest over on my blog where one of the prizes is a photo shoot.

And the rest of your readers are welcome to enter.

(and even if you don't win the photo shoot- I know for a fact that Jess will do your photos anyway)

jayayceeblog said...

Personally, I am a fan of cold cereal for dinner - eaten alone while reading a magazine or watching a good Lifetime movie. Your Christmas card is perfect! When we owned our stationery store, choosing and ordering Christmas cards with our customers was my favorite thing to do. The blog designer has had your money for 2 to 3 months??? Time to pull the plug on that one - nice be damned!

Shan said...

Having never seen your engagement photo before, I love it!

It is with hopeful trepidation that I'll be looking into your other posts to see if you are still not sick and if the blog designer has refunded the money (I can see it's the same style as before right now, so I'm assuming you haven't received anything).