Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's With Permission

That I tell you the most recent events in the Because Nice Matters family.























My beautiful sister was married in June, and was hopeful that it wouldn't be too long before she could announce that she was having a baby.
She's wanted a baby since she was 12.
Last month she announced that she was expecting, and she was thrilled.
She has high hopes for twins, and when she started to show earlier than normal, those hopes went even higher.

Last Friday Tiffany called my mom in tears and said that she thought she was miscarrying.
My sister called her doctor and he said, "Don't give up on the baby yet.  Come in on Monday and we'll see what's going on."
Tiffany had her appointment yesterday.
What started out as a fetus, developed into a fast growing tumor in Tiff's uterus.
The tumor, if left untreated, could spread throughout her body in a short matter of time.
She is going in for surgery at 6:00 a.m. to remove the tumor and to clean out her uterus.
They took x-rays today to see if the tumor has spread to her other organs.
Tiff won't know the results until she goes in for surgery.
They won't know if the tumor is cancerous until they do the surgery.
A normal pregnant woman has HCG levels in the thousands; Tiffany's are close to one million.
If the HCG levels don't even out soon, Tiffany will have to do chemotherapy.

Tiffany is looking at the bright side.
She said to her doctor today, "You mean there is a reason I'm fat?  Besides just being fat?"
He laughed and told her that had she waited even two more months, she would have looked 9 months pregnant.
Tiffany is tough as nails, seriously.  And I know that she will come out of this okay.

If I were a person who talks to God...
And I am...
I might be asking for a small break for a little while...
The Because Nice Matters family has gone through more than their fair share the last several months...
It was said once of my great-great-grandma that she was made of sterling stuff...
God's probably just testing to see if we're made of the same.

I love you little sister, and I'll be a phone call away if you need me.

22 comments:

Kristin said...

Prayers going out to your sister Noelle, and to you and the rest of your family. You seem to have much strength and faith, and I know that God will see you through. Keep us posted on your sister, please.

-stephanie- said...

I'm stunned. Your sister and all of you will be kept in my prayers.

Sam said...

Oh Noelle, I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying for your sister. She sounds like a trooper. :) I'm sure everything will be fine.

For the record, I all too well know what you mean about having beeb dealt more than your fair share lately. *hugs*

wjmom said...

Noelle and Tiffany,
My prayers are with you and all of your family. My sweet mother had a mastectomy yesterday--not the kind of thing we were planning on doing over the holidays, ya know? If it counts for anything, I think you are sterling!
Your blog-stalking friend,
Me

Bossy Betty said...

So sorry to hear this. Your whole family will be in my prayers.

Tiffany said...

Wow. Life is so precarious in spite of all we do to make it not so. I'm sorry Tiff has to deal with this. She's in my prayers. You too Miss Noelle. I'm positive the Platt family is made of the finest sterling.

Heather said...

I am sure she is tough, but your family needs a break lately.

It is nice she has you all there for support. I hope she is able to avoid chemo and get on with fun!

Baby Sister said...

I agree with the break...

TortugaRachel said...

I will pray for your family, especially for Tiffany. I am hopeful that this won't mess up her ability to get pregnant.

Today's Gift said...

Noelle, your family will be in my prayers. From what little I've read of your blog, I hope the break comes sooner rather than later.

Amy said...

Good grief! I am so terribly horribly sorry! You are all in my prayers.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

So sorry. I'll keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
xoRobyn

Venassa said...

Oh no.. I am thinking of you guys!

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Dear Tiffany,

First, I think you look beautiful in that photograph!

Second, you're made of sterling stuff. I know that just from this post.

Third, I'm going to be talking to God about you. Noelle's family is my family. So, you'll be in the special prayers department.

Fourth, I see you coming out radiant, happy and healthy after this surgery. Giving you a big hug. Fight it!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Oh that hurts my heart for the pain you have all been in over this. You are all in my prayers that the surgery will go well and that the tumor is localized.

Meghan said...

You definitely deserve a break. We will be praying for you and your family.

Judie said...

This just might be a blessing in disguise, Noelle. It sounds horrible, I know, and my thoughts will be with your sister and your family. Please keep us posted.

Cheeseboy said...

Well, that sucks, sucks sucks. Sending prayers your family's way.

Shan said...

I'm taken aback. What a sad shock. I agree that you all could use a little happy time. Pulling for your sister!

Joann Mannix said...

Oh No!!!!!

You are right about your poor family needing a break. God Bless all of you. Your family's well being is on the front burner of my prayers. Stay Strong, Noelle.

jayayceeblog said...

Oh, that is some scary stuff. She is fortunate to have such a strong, loving family surrounding her. I am sending positive vibes your way!

Jami said...

Prayers are being said for Tiffany and for your whole family.
xo