Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The World Needs More Sisters

A few weeks ago Becca and I went to dinner with some girlfriends.
They were trying to talk Becca into starting a blog.
"How are we supposed to know what you're doing with your life?" they wanted to know.
Where I check my email at least once every two minutes, Becca checks hers at least once every two weeks.
Becca has a Facebook account but I'm sure she can't remember the last time she was on it.
Our friend's concerns were valid.
I told them that I would give them updates about Becca on my blog.
Here's their update:

Becca nearly chopped her finger off on Sunday.  That happens when you are using an electric chopper and stick your finger in the blades to clean out the onions that are stuck, without ever turning the chopper off first.
Becca showed me her finger last night...it's still bleeding. 
Poor girl.
While I'm on the subject of Becca, would you mind if I wrote her a little note?

Dear Becca,
Remember last night how I ran away to your house and you let me climb up on your bed and snuggle under your down comforter?  And remember how you let me cry as you listened to my concerns about how I didn't return Grandma's phone call and then it was too late?  And remember how you let me cry about the hurt I feel in my heart for our little sister?  And remember how you told me that I was a good person even though I didn't feel like it?  And then remember how we watched a Christmas movie together before I went home?  I just wanted to say thank you.  Thank you for knowing me better than anyone else.  Thank you for loving me.  Thank you for always being there for me.  I love you.
Love, Noelle

The world would be a better place if every girl had a sister.
And if you could have your picture taken with Minnie Mouse.

13 comments:

Kristin said...

You're so blessed to have such a wonderful sister. I'm so, so very sorry for your loss.

Dazee Dreamer said...

that is so cool to ave a sister like that.

Baby Sister said...

Yep, Becca B is pretty special. We're lucky!!

Heather said...

I think you are right. Gimme one of your sisters. I have none.

(I am glad she was there to make you feel better.)

Tia said...

I love Becca!

rplatt said...

I love you too!!! come over and snuggle anytime.

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

I think Becca needs to start that blog, even if she writes once in 4 weeks. I like the sound of her! Plus your Dear Becca made me teary. Sisters are AWESOME! (I want to be able to run away to someone's house like that too. Thank God for technology!)

April said...

Thanks for the update! You two are great, I'm so glad we are friends :)

Platt Lucky 7 said...

Yes!! We LOVE Becca. I hope my girls stay close like all of you :) Sorry about Grandma :(

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You are all so cute and sweet, including Minni. xo

Cheeseboy said...

Some people just can't get into blogging or much of anything technical. I actually quite admire them.

I thought you were joking about her finger getting cut off at first. Clearly, you weren't.

Judie said...

I always wanted a real sister, but all I got was a clone of my mother, who was cruel, jealous,and deceitful. You are blessed,Noelle.

jayayceeblog said...

Having sisters who are also friends is the greatest gift! I envy your proximity to your sisters. My two sisters are each in different states and we're spread out halfway across the country. Fortunately, we have email and the occasional phone call but there are many times when I wish I could run over to one of their houses and visit and watch movies and talk and cry and laugh with them.