Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm Ready For Temperatures To Be Above Freezing

Have you seen the new look? 
My blog got a makeover.
A beautiful makeover, and I think you should click over to see it...and grab my button while you're there.
I have a button!
One of my blog BFFs did it for me.
I think she took pity on me.
As soon as she has her new business blog up and running I'll send you her way.
But in the meantime, isn't it lovely?

We have friends who owned a beautiful tree farm in Northern Idaho.
They spent the spring and summer months at the farm and they spent the winter months on their sail boat.
They sailed to Greece once or twice.
Just Ernie, Pauline, and a few crew members.
We had lunch once on their sail boat.
Ernie is completely deaf.
But he learned Spanish and can speak it fluently.
He amazes me.
Pauline has beautiful, long, silver hair.
When I was young I used to say, 'When I get old I want my hair to look like Pauline's.'
I'm guessing that by the time I'm 42 my hair will look exactly like Pauline's.
I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I want to tell you something.
But by telling you something I risk my life.
Perhaps my brother will take pity on me because of the baby.
We'll see what happens.

Yesterday my brother came into my office and said, 'You know how when we were young Mom wouldn't let us watch The Golden Girls?"
I laughed and said, "That and a hundred other shows."
"Well, one day when I was home sick from school I was watching The Golden Girls.  One of the women said something about her 'over the shoulder boulder holder' and I had no idea what she was talking about.  Mom heard it and yelled 'Turn that show off right now!'"
Ben said it was a long time before he knew what that phrase meant.
"But here's the thing," he said.  "It's been years since I saw that show.  Years.  And yet today, I still can't type the words 'Boulder Blue Fescue' without thinking of an over the shoulder boulder holder."
And then he laughed and left my office.

I am a better person for coming to work.

The furnace in my office is still not working.
And now...NOW...my lovely niece Ruthie, who just turned three, locked the bathroom door and my big tough brothers/cousin have yet to figure out how to unlock it.
As Ruthie was walking out of the office to go home she said, "I sorry about the potty."
I just shook my head and said, "But Ruthie...I'm pregnant."
I don't think it phased her.

The other night I had a migraine and there was nothing I could take for it.
I laid down on the couch, put my feet in Jason's lap, handed him a bottle of lotion, and closed my eyes.
He obliged and I feel asleep to him rubbing my feet.
I'm not sure what I did do deserve such a man, but I'm grateful.
I hope he knows that...even when I'm ornery.

15 comments:

rplatt said...

Ben is a funny boy

My Big Secret Blog :) said...

Firstly, I love the blog!!! It looks beautiful! I'm glad it finally got the makeover it has been seeking! :)

I laughed about the potty. I'm a meanie. Sorry! (I didn't know Ruthie is 3!)

Is Ben going to fix that furnace now? Do you think? You'll probably need to bake him cookies.

Jason is a good, good guy. Where do they make that kind? Sigh.

Amy said...

It's beautiful! (the blog - not the Ben comment...although Ben is funny...just not beautiful....)

TortugaRachel said...

I love the new blog look! I put your button on my button page!!

Locked bathroom + pregnancy = BIG problems!!

Venassa said...

Wow your blog is gorgeous. Although I may miss your pretty header photos. I am definitely stealing your button!
I love the Ben story. Too funny!

Sam said...

Love the new blog look!

Love the boulder story, teehee

Meghan said...

I love the blog makeover you've had! It looks great!

Jessica said...

Love love the new look!!

Heather said...

You aren't ornery!!
Hey. I thought I was the only kid in the world whose parents didn't let her watch The Golden Girls!! (Among a few other shows.)

I like the new look. I a so jealous of a button!!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Very nice new look. I like the green. I like it, and I like that Jason knows you deserve to be treated well.
xoRobyn

Dazee Dreamer said...

I love the new look. It is so you.

It has been so cold lately. I can't believe that you are working without heat. yikes

Akkila Vibha said...

I know this ... I remember asking u to visit my blog just to tell me how the new look is.I noticed the make over of urs yesterday itself. Wanted to comment on that too but in mean time here is a post about it. This reminds me my niece who did not let me sit till I appreciated her new frock. I love that nature. It makes one feel wanted.
And yeah your blog looks superb and it beautiful and the button is too good. And the post , I laughed a lot .
May god bless Jason . And may He bless your baby , my niece and may he bless you , my God-Sis.

Shan said...

This reminds me of so many good things. Thanks for that!

Lalis said...

I feel for ya... My sis had to come off her preventative meds 'cause she's also pregnant (yay baby!) but her migraines are awful and she can't take anything!!! It's all for a good cause, right? I keep telling my sister she should video herself in misery and then show the kid such videos when he or she is making her miserable! Maybe they'll feel guilty? haha!

jayayceeblog said...

Your new blog look is totally fantabulous and your Hubby is awesome! Stupid migraines!!!