Monday, January 31, 2011

It's Been Monday...All Day Long

Have I told you that my obgyn is the same doctor who delivered me when I was born?
I met with him today.
He looked at my chart, looked at me, looked back at my chart, and then said, 'Which one are you?'
What he wanted to know was my birth order.  "I'm the third," I said.
He turned to his nurse and said, "Nurse, meet Noelle, of the Ed and Val triplets."
I smiled and said to the nurse, "Like that's supposed to mean something to you."
"It does," she said.  "Your family is legendary here."
What do you know...I'm famous.
Kind of.
By default because my mom is my mom.
I'll take it.

Remember how Kate was going to do something magical with my hair?
Trust me, she did.
It was so magical that when I got home Jason took one look at me and said, "You are hot.  No, you're smokin'."
It was so magical that when my 8 year old niece saw me she squealed and said, "I love your hair!"
But here's the deal...I can't post a picture.
Kate told me that unless I could make it look as good as she did, I was not allowed to post pictures.
Bad advertising or something.
I tried Kate.  Believe me I tried.
I went out and bought a round brush, exactly like the one Kate showed me.
I used the spray she told me was mandatory before flat-ironing.
I did exactly what she told me to: 70% dry and then use the round brush.
I. Can. Not. Use. A. Round. Brush.
To. Save. My. Life.

I'm going to get round brush lessons from my sister.
Maybe that will help.
One of these days, when I think Kate might not read my blog that day, I'll post a picture.
Or as soon as I get over the fact that I do not like getting my picture taken.
...whichever comes first.

Jason informed me last night that whip cream from a can is evidence that there is a God.
So...in case you were wondering...

Oh fine...here's a picture...or three.
You can thank Baby Sister for being the photographer.



This is my 'I don't want my picture taken' look.


This is my plug for hand sanitizer...
...and a small glimpse of my baby bump...


And this is the 'oh for the love...I give up...' picture.
Kate may never let me back into her salon.


That's enough for one day...
Way more than enough...

17 comments:

Courtney said...

I love the hair! :o)

Tiffany said...

Faaabulous dahling. For real! I think it's very pretty. Way to be brave :)

I'm with Jason on the whipped cream in a can. Sweet.

My Big Secret Blog :) said...

It is actually good to see the little baby bump. You look very pretty!

Jason really loves you! :) :)

p.s. thank you Baby Platt. :)

cathyjoy said...

i think all hairdressers are some kind of witch or magician or something.

but in reality i think it's because they can actually move around your head instead of you having to move your head around.

i can never get my hair to look like i just came from the hairdressers.

never.

sigh.

Venassa said...

I am bad with brushes and hair and all that too. It sucks. I wish I could do what a hairdresser can.

Dazee Dreamer said...

what Kate failed to inform you is that you will never be able to do your hair the same way she does. the meany.

I love the hair, and the baby bump. And baby sister for taking the photo's.

~ Darla ~ said...

Nice hair ... and bump :)

Shan said...

You and your baby are beautiful!

Joann Mannix said...

Your hair looks beautiful.

I cannot use a round brush to save my life.

I think your baby bump is the sweetest thing I've seen all week.

Sandra said...

I really should have gone to Kate instead of where I went because I hate my hair cut but darlin' you look mauv-a-less!!!!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

It's a very nice color that goes great with your complexion.
That is really neat that your obgyn delivered you. You can have confidence that he knows what he's doing.
xoRobyn

emilia. said...

shoot. i can't use that round brush either. to save my life. i'm trying to get one of the 18 year old girls in my ward to help me out...

ps. i'm so happy we are blog friends.

TortugaRachel said...

I feel your pain on the hair thing. My sister is a cosmetologist and I can't ever do as well as she does on my hair, no matter how hard I try.

Heather said...

Very nice, you famous girl you. I was about to go ballisitic over the lack of pictures.

(I can't use a round brush either...it always in up in a tangled mess and lose chunks of hair trying to liberate it.)

Judie said...

Just about the time you learn to use the round brush, the baby will be here, and you'll hardly have time to brush your hair, much less use the round brush!!

jayayceeblog said...

Lookin' good ... you and the baby bump! Isn't your Hubby the sweetest thing? It's always a great day when your husband tells you you're hot and smokin'!

Kate said...

I love you! Come back to my salon! I'll round brush your hair every morning if you make the drive.