Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Because I Have Time To Bog

Guess who woke up dizzy this morning?
It wasn't Jason.
Seriously?  I'm getting on a plane in hours, and you choose now to get dizzy?
That's what I said to my head.

I stayed still, not moving my head, thinking of everything I was going to have to change.
Will the airline waive the fee for changing a ticket if you have a doctor's note?
Do I even have a phone number to call the person who is picking us up from the airport?
Will throwing up all day hurt my baby?
Staying still seemed to work though, and my dizziness didn't get any worse.
And after an hour of staying still I got up and didn't pass out.
And I made it all the way downstairs to get something to eat...thinking that might help.
And then, after another hour of staying still, the dizziness passed and I am upright and functional.
It's a miracle!

I had to run to work for a few minutes this morning and as I was drying my hair I heard this from Jason:
"I've got to make a few calls, make the bed, clean the house, and then pack."
"Why do you have to clean the house?" I asked.
"Because you go to work all day and I work from home.  I should clean the house."
Who am I to argue his logic?

Rats.
I just realized I probably left an envelope sitting at home on the couch.
It needs to be in the mail today.
Double rats.

I'll have internet access while I'm gone.
There is a lovely little internet cafe two cobblestoned streets over from where we will be staying.
I'll blog.
But maybe not every day.
There will be guest posts however...
Well, there will be at least one guest post.

Once, when we went on a family vacation we came home to a newly remodeled house.
New paint, new carpet, new furniture...the works.
It was beautiful and we all stood in our living room and cried.
I'm not asking to come back to a newly remodeled house...
but I am asking something.
Could you somehow get me past 281 followers?  Do you know how long I've been stuck on 281?

There.
I think I have said all I intended to say.
Be good while I'm gone and I'll bring you a treat.

16 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

dang girl. you have 100 more followers than me. if I could follow you again to boost your numbers, I would. :)

have fun!!!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I don't know exactly how to check it from a blogger blog but I bet you have more than 281 (which sounds awesome to me). For instance I have 278 (less than 281 you will note) through Google Friends BUT according to Feedburner I have 321! The 278 GFs and then an additional 43 who subscribe through a Reader. And now I'm dizzy! :)

~ Darla ~ said...

Uggh, to morning sickness. My daughter was hit by it hard too. I hear it's good to have a popsicle or a sucker - that may help. I didn't have morning sickness, so what do I know?

Glad your dizziness past and enjoy your holiday.

Mary said...

I hope you thank Jason many times over for thinking about things like that. It took me like 2 years to get my husband to notice if the garbage can was full to take it out. Don't just keep adding to the pile. Did you know garbage can stack a foot above the edge of the can?

Sandra said...

You got 282 now. Your plea worked. I keep pleading for someone to buy me a plane ticket to California in August. That didn't work.
How's your little baby doing? I don't think vomiting all day for one day is going to harm you. I vomited all day for 16 weeks and the kid still popped out at 8 pounds. Are you finding your migraines worse during the pregnancy?
Ok, well, before this becomes an email of epic proportions instead of a lovely comment, let me just say, Take care and enjoy your sejourn away.

The Secret Blogger said...

It's a blessing that you are better.

I agree wholeheartedly with your friend Beth. (I'd know, right?)

Fly safe. Be safe. Enjoy and have the time of your life!

Heather said...

Hey my dizzy friend,
I put your cute button on my blog today. I hope it sends some new folks your way.
(I also hope you don't mind, because I already did it.)
I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Elizabeth Downie said...

I've been stuck at the same number of followers for a long time too (hint hint). ;)

Found your blog through Heather in Texas and I'm loving it. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Heather said...

Sorry...if this is a repeat. My computer will not behave.
I stuck your button on my blog!! I hope you don'g mind....since I already did it.

blueviolet said...

I hope you have a wonderful vacation, and Heather says you're wonderful so I'm here and following and you're further from 281 now!

Shan said...

Glad you made it through without passing out. Since I'm ecstatic with my 32 followers (dozens!), I can't really help ya there.

Hope Mexico is as lovely as I remember.

Shan :+)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Look at that - you're at 287 right now. Woohoo. Ask and you shall receive.
Have a wonderful trip. Stay healthy and headache free, and I'll look forward to the updates.
xoRobyn

Loralee and the gang... said...

I am glad your dizziness went away.
I am glad you got past the 281.
I hope you have a nice time, where ever you are going on your trip -

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan Yorgason said...

So, you have time to bog? LOL sorry, but I had to tease you! Enjoy Mexico!

jayayceeblog said...

Vaya con Dios. Have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures to share!!!