Saturday, February 19, 2011

Greetings From Mexico

 














There was a time I wanted nothing more than to be a part of the Amazing Race.
Two days in Mexico has changed that for me.
Running through an airport to catch our flight was my first clue.
When we left our house the sun was shining.  By the time we arrived at the airport it was snowing.
Our plane was delayed 2 hours...leaving us just 15 minutes to catch our second flight.

This morning our lovely hostess Ana asked, "You want try a taco?"
I told her no thank you...because of the baby.
Jason had no excuse.
The poor man took one bite of a taco made of cow stomach and nearly lost it.
I nearly lost it just looking at him.
He informed me that we would not be running the Amazing Race.
Turns out I´m okay with that.
















I have tried downloading pictures.
I have failed.
Did you know computers in Mexico are different than computers in Utah?
It is true.
That Baby Sister of mine is going to have to help me out.
For now I will tell you that we spent the day shoe shopping.
Jason bought shoes. I did not.
Is that crazy?
I think yes.

















 And then tonight we spent time with one of my favorite grandmas.
She is 94.
And she cried as she told me she is forgetting her English.
She speaks better English than I do.













It is past midnight and tomorrow I will wake up early to attend a wedding.
Not just any wedding...
A wedding in a tiny little rancho called Garbanzo.
I will take pictures.
If I´m not dead from heartburn due to the street tacos I ate.




p.s. it's me, baby sister...I think I got all of the pictures she wanted...if not I'll come back and add the rest :)

15 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

You are so cute there in Mexico. And you look so happy.

And nice that baby sister is uploading the pictures for you.

Can't wait to hear about the wedding and see photo's

Tiffany said...

Noelle, what a brave girl you are! I can't imagine doing this kind of trip while pregnant. When I was pregnant I had to be within 3 minutes of a bathroom at all times because my growing baby was doing Riverdance on my bladder. As for food... just looking at some food made me cry. You are amazing!

I'd love to hear more about that lovely 94 year old grandma. What a beautiful lady.

And buy yourself a pair of shoes for heavens sake! Or not. I like finding ornaments for our tree when we're on vacation.

Be safe and have so much fun!!

~ Darla ~ said...

Sounds like a fun vacation...but no shoes? What's wrong (lol).

Shan said...

Hooray for baby sister! Hope the heartburn goes away mas rapido.

-stephanie- said...

I too am sad that Jason got shoes, and you did not. Please look some more.

Enjoy your time and stay away from cow stomach tacos.

Donna said...

Noelle, Garbonzo - Mark is soooo jealous!! Hope you enjoyed it and give Ana and Juan a hug from both of us.
I didn't buy shoes in Mexico either. Mark is it total disbelief that we made it back without me buying a pair. We actually left a few pairs in the village:)

Heather said...

Why not shoes? Looks like many nice choices there!

Cheeseboy said...

Wow. You are really experiencing Mexican culture in all it's glory. You should maybe just try out for Amazing Race: America.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You're there, and you look happy, and it look sunny out. I LOLed at Jason's reporting that you won't be participating in the Amazing Race. Some thing's gotta give. We understand. I hope his stomach's recovered.
Cuidate.
xoRobyn

emilia. said...

i am so jealous of that little wedding. memorize it!

My Big Secret Blog :) said...

Reading this post made me happy. :) Haha! God knows I've needed a laugh!

Take care, Noelle! You two look great!

Amanda said...

Well, maybe after the baby comes you could be the first Amazing Race contestants to do it all with a baby in a Baby Bjorn? : )

I am so jealous that you have a 94 year old grandma. What a gift.

And tacos aside, your visit sounds kind of charming to me. Please take pics of the wedding!

Judie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jayayceeblog said...

Street tacos and a traditional wedding? Woohoo! Although I understand passing on the tripe tacos, how could you pass up new shoes?

Amy said...

Happy day happy day! I'm glad you won't be amazing racing.