Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Brother Just Told Me He Doesn't Read My Blog Every Day...RUDE!

This morning as I was finishing up a delicious bowl of wheat chex with bananas (it wasn't that delicious) I said to Jason, "I have to go do something with my hair and then go to work before they fire me."
I ran upstairs and came back down a few minutes later.
"I love what you've done with your hair," Jason said with a smirk.
I had put a hat on. 

I've found yet another thing people forgot to mention about being pregnant.
It's the pain.
The pain in every joint and in every muscle.
I called my little sister and said, "When you're pregnant do your knees hurt?"
"A lot," she said.  "And they don't stop hurting until many months after I have the baby."
When I asked her why she never mentioned this part she said, "I just didn't think about it."

I have Jason though...who will massage my back, my feet, my knees...and all I have to do is ask.
I'm going to keep him around.
I was in bed last night by 10:30 which is early for me.  I think I was sleeping soundly by 11:00pm.
Jason wasn't tired at all but went to bed when I did.
(I think he misses me when he's all the way downstairs and I'm all the way upstairs.)
I woke up at 2:30 for the first of many trips to the bathroom and looked over at my husband.
He was playing Angry Birds on his phone.
At 2:30 in the morning.
He woke up at 5:30 to go and play basketball for two hours.
Am I the only one who thinks he's crazy?
Actually, he thinks he's crazy too...because now every muscle and joint in his body hurts.

Don't you love these posts where I have nothing worthwhile to say?

Here's something else incredibly worthwhile.
Remember back when I wrote that post with the questions?
You know the one...where I asked you to tell me what to write about.
One of you...and sadly at this exact moment I can't remember who...asked me what my hobbies are.
Here's a picture of one of my hobbies:





























I stitched this one winter when I was stuck in Oregon at my grandparent's house because of an ice storm.
I'm working on another one now...one that has so far taken me 7.2 years.
I'm a fourth of the way done.
You're amazed at my speed and skill aren't you?!

I'm going...I'm going...now that you've fallen asleep at your computer.

Oh...but wait...did you need to know that I'll be leaving on a jet plane in one week from today?
It's true.
If you plan on ransacking our place while we're gone...
Don't.
We've hired a big bull dog to house sit.
With BIG teeth.

And that's all I have to say.
(You're thanking the heavens above aren't you?)

13 comments:

Kristin said...

You have way more patience than I! Can't wait to hear all about your trip to Mexico!!!

Jason said...

Actually I was playing the Toy Story 3 Memory Game. My goal was to clear the tiles in under 32 seconds. After two hours, and because my brain was fried, I decided to sleep it off. That was about 2:45am.

Part of my motivation in getting up in the morning to play basketball is so that I can feel my lovely wife's aches and pains she's experiencing during her first pregnancy. Even though I'm in much pain, I have the luxury of being able to take pain pills other than Tylenol. The least I could do is offer my massaging services, don't you think?

Oh, and we also started watching 'The Biggest Loser' which has made me curious about how much weight I can lose. After playing two mornings this week, I discovered that I've lost 4.75 lbs! My very patient wife hates it when I weigh myself...

Noelle said...

It helps when you starve yourself dear...

At least that's what I've heard.

-stephanie- said...

I ache in every joint and every muscle and I'm not even pregnant. I call it old. Something for you to look forward to. Sorry, I'm sure that doesn't make your day.

Is that YOUR Jason up there? The not your wedding picture Jason? He's cute! Yes, keep him. :o)

Heather said...

No. I am not ready for this post to be over. I am waiting for the part where you bash your brother for not reading.
I have strong armed my little brother into reading daily, but the big one just won't bend to my will.
Terrible!!

(I am sorry you ache. I did hurt almost the entire time I was pregnant too. I now can't believe the parts I iced.)

Dazee Dreamer said...

I love your rambling posts. and I must say, you "write" like you are not as sad as you were before your email.

so jealous of your trip. just saying

My Big Secret Blog :) said...

Haha! Jason and you ARE cute together!

You stitch beautifully. Really beautifully. :)

1 week sounds really exciting!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Cute stitchery and beautifully framed. Crochet? Needlepoint?

Yep, your hubby is a keeper. He was awake for Toy Story 3. Who could blame the buy?

Enjoy the pre-trip anticipation.
xoRobyn

~ Darla ~ said...

You are the Cross Stitch Queen, Noelle.

Taylor said...

My husband plays Angry Birds on my phone all the time! I have never played it.

Email me about your question-thelumberjackswife@gmail.com

TJ said...

i have the same hobby. no joke. it's like my mental therapy at home.

Vibha said...

I liked one thing about this post. Jason's comment and your comment .
:) :)

jayayceeblog said...

I know this doesn't help much during your pregnancy, but you forget most of the yicky stuff after the baby is in your arms, taking up all of your time and attention. I can't remember for sure either, but it may have been me that asked about your hobbies because I'm shamelessly nosy about stuff like that. And your cross stitch picture is Bee-yoo-tee-ful!!! Keep stitchin!