Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Heartburn Might Kill Me!

Ahhh...family business.
I was just talking to my brother about a pressing matter.
He answered me but his answer included the rolling of his eyes.
I smiled and handed him a bag of homemade chocolate chip cookies.
"Will a cookie help you to talk to me without rolling your eyes?"
"I did not roll my eyes."
"Yes you did."
"Any eye movement I make cannot be interpreted as conversation," is what he came back with.
Note to self:  When Ben rolls his eyes it doesn't mean anything.
Right.

Want to know what's humorous?
It's me trying to figure out how to use the new phone system we just got.
If you happen to call my place of business and I hang up on you, please don't take it personally!

The 700 chickens that were supposed to come last week are lost in transit. 
I'm worried about the little things.
I hope they're not dying of hypothermia somewhere in the back of a mail truck.

Jason took one look at me this morning and asked 'Are you feeling okay?'
Maybe I should comb my hair once in a while.
Maybe.
I told him I was feeling fine but that I would feel better if he would gain 20 pounds.
He just hugged me and laughed.

I've got things to do...
I can't spend any more time filling you in on all of the random nonsense that is my life.
As soon as I push 'publish post' I'm going to the mailbox.
I'm praying that I'll find a check for a million dollars.

8 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

hey we just got a new phone system at work too. I really like it.

And heartburn, my mom told me it meant you were going to have babies with lots of hair. I think its true. Had it super bad with my first and she had tons of hair.

Shan said...

Here's hoping you found that check (not that it'll help with heartburn... sadly, the only thing that helped me was throwing up... too bad it would mostly happen while driving).

Diana said...

Hope you find your check AND those chickens! I'm still learning some cool features of our phone system at work and it's not new and I've been there for 4 1/2 years! :)

Today's Gift said...

How the heck do 700 chickens get lost in transit? That's a lot of chickens to lose...

I'm hoping on the check for a million dollars too.

Cheeseboy said...

Perhaps those chicks banded together and made an escape. After all, I've seen toys pull that off on those movies.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

How could 700 chicks be missing? I knew they should've voted your way.
xoRobyn

blueviolet said...

I hope you combed your hair before you left for the mailbox!

jayayceeblog said...

We went through a rough patch financially at one time and I actually prayed for money. I felt so guilty, I told Hubby about it and he assured me I wouldn't go straight to hell and we kind of laughed about it. Then the very next day I went to the mailbox and there was a survey to fill out and a dollar bill to pay for my time. Yes, I prayed for money and got one dollar! Hope you get your million!!!