Friday, March 11, 2011

Here's An Update

When I walked into my doctor's office this morning, for what has become my daily appointment for a shot, the nurse at the front desk said, "Noelle!  You look like you might live!"
I told her that for the first time I felt that I might live.

As I was walking to the exam room I passed the doctor, who was on the phone with another doctor.
He looked at me questioningly and whispered, "Please tell me you're starting to feel better?"
I assured him that I was.

A few minutes later, after he had examined me, the doctor said, "I have good news and bad news."
"The good news is that I finally feel like I won't have to admit you into the hospital.  The bad news is you need another shot and then you have to take another antibiotic for the next week."

He continued, "Young lady, just because you feel better doesn't mean that you are.  You are grounded through the weekend.  You don't go to work, you don't do any housework, you stay home from church...you stay put on that couch."

Before I left home this morning I said to Jason, "I'm going in for another shot, and then I'm going to work for a little while."
"Do you think that's a good idea?" Jason asked.
"I'm fine," is what I said.
I guess the doctor read my mind.

I am at work...but only for a few minutes...and as soon as I pay a few bills I will obediently plant myself on the couch.  Have I mentioned how grateful I am that the couch is at least comfortable?

Oh...and for added peace of mind, we went yesterday and listened to Emily's heartbeat.  That little girl is as strong as ever, moving all over the place.  (I haven't felt her yet, that's just what the nurse told me.)
Last night as a coughing spasm overtook me I put my hand on my belly and whispered, "Hang on little one."

Between you and me, I'll be glad when this is over.  In the meantime, I bought a new book to read, and I have the world's most patient husband.  A girl can't go wrong with that combination.

8 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

I say you call your dad and have him come over and give you a blessing with Jason. Good idea no?

Oh..and rent yourself some fun chic flicks for your couch time! :P

Lots of love and hugs and good vibes and all that stuff coming your way!

Bossy Betty said...

SO glad you are feeling better but hope you listen to that doctor and husband of yours!

Hugs to you (and Emily!)

Dazee Dreamer said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers that you will get better and have the rest of an enjoyable pregnancy. :)

Nikki said...

Before you know it, you'll be all better and be able to continue on with an enjoyable pregnancy. In the meantime, my prayers are with you. And a blessing would be a good thing.

Maybe you could also find a lovely Daddy-to-be that's willing to bring you milkshakes, chick flicks, and foot rubs.

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

Hi Noelle, really glad to hear you are feeling better. It sounds like you are in very good hands;-) Have a good weekend on your couch. Wish I could keep you company.

Shan said...

Hope you've been following doctor's orders, missy! (hehe)

Here's to no more shots and to feeling much better.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

So glad you're on the mend. Enjoy the couch.
xoRobyn

Cheeseboy said...

No work or church and you have to sit and do nothing AND you feel fine?!

Please, someone give me one of those shots!