Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kitchen Tales

I don't often write about my culinary skills because frankly, I don't want to make anyone feel bad.
I'm that good.
This morning though, something happened that impressed even myself.
Jason has some business associates coming to town and he mentioned how nice it would be if he could take them some homemade chocolate chip cookies.
I thought about my schedule and knew the only time I could make them would be early this morning.
"What if I mix the dough and you bake the cookies?" I asked.
Then I threatened him.  "Do NOT grease the cookie sheet.  Don't even think about greasing that cookie sheet.  And then when you think maybe you'll just try it anyway, DON'T do it."
I think he finally believed me.

But back to this morning.
I had finished mixing the dough and was about to clean off the beater when I decided to add a little bit more flour.
Remember how Jason gave me an awesome red kitchenaid mixer for Christmas?
I had lowered the bowl to add the flour, but forgot to raise the bowl to mix it.
Oh...it was amazing.
I turned the mixer on and chunks of dough went flying everywhere.
There was dough on the floor, on the wall, on the counter, in the sink, on my shirt...
All I could do was stand there and laugh.
Like I said, I'm that good.

12 comments:

singedwingangel said...

LMBO sounds like something I would do absolutely. At least you could laugh about it

Beth Zimmerman said...

Reminds me of the time I cleaned the fireplace out with a vacuum cleaner ... Oh My WORD! Ashes EVERYWHERE!

Heather said...

It was multi-tasking...cooking and decorating at the same time.

adrienzgirl said...

I would have paid good money to see that. SERIOUSLY!

Jessica said...

LOL! Been there, done that. You should try running a blender without the top on sometime. Now THAT is skill. ;)

-stephanie- said...

HA! Sounds fun!

Dazee Dreamer said...

hahaha. I would totally have made Jason clean it up, because, you know, it was his fault. :)

Diana said...

Would love to have witnessed that! lol

Lula Lola said...

I did the same thing with a batch of peanut butter balls. Confectioners sugar everywhere! Don't you love that Kitchenaid mixer? My husband got me one for my birthday last year. Persimmon. It's thrilling that it's so colorful and functional!

MrsDake said...

Yep, that's the kind of results I get when I try to be productive too early in the morning too! Classic!!

Bossy Betty said...

Lots of good snacking around the kitchen cabinets now!!!

jayayceeblog said...

Boy, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that! You are a total hoot!!!