Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hope

Back in the day...when my blog was young...I dedicated each Wednesday post to my grandpa.
He was one of my favorite people and I wanted the world to know him.

As the months draw closer to little Emily's arrival, my thoughts are turned more to my grandpa.
I don't know what you believe about life: where we came from and where we'll go when we die.
I believe that we lived in heaven before we were born; we lived there with our loved ones, and we waited anxiously for our earth experience.

And I believe that we'll return to that place when we die...to be reunited with those who have gone before us.

I have a hope...a hope deep in my heart...
...that my little girl and my dearest grandpa are together in that place called heaven.
I have a hope that my grandpa is preparing my little one for what she'll experience here.
I have a hope that he is teaching her with his wisdom and experience...that she will come filled with the love that my grandpa had for everyone he met.
And although she won't remember the time she spent with her great-grandpa, I have a hope that when she hears his name, when I tell her the stories of his life...something will flicker in her heart and she will feel peace.
And I hope that when it's time...that when she has said her goodbyes there, she will have given him a big hug, and then another one from me.

My grandpa's name was Lynwood, but he was known as Lyn by all who knew him.

Someday I hope that my little Emily Lynn will love the man whose name she shares as much as I do.

11 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh Noelle I have chills. Just beautiful. I'm speechless...

singedwingangel said...

It is so funny that you would write this. I have always told people who lost loved ones before they had children that their loved ones had an hand in picking their child. That when you kissed their neck and swore you smelled that loved one you did. Mannerisms, laughs, looks, all handed down from the loved one who held them before they were yours,

Venassa said...

Way to make me cry first thing in the morning :p
Beautiful though.

Joann Mannix said...

Hi Beautiful Girl,

I know your Emily is up there with her great grandpa. And not only is he watching over her until she makes her grand entrance here on Earth. He is watching over you and all of his loved ones from up above.

I'm not back. I'm just popping in to say, I've been thinking about you and I'm so glad you and your sweet baby are doing well. I'm keeping you in my prayers and I can't wait to see you in your next big job as a mommy. You'll be amazing.

Dazee Dreamer said...

I believe without a shadow of doubt that your grandpa is spending time with Emily right now. I felt the same way about my kids spending time with my husbands parents before they arrived here.

My Big Secret Blog said...

It is all happening as you say it right now. Amen. May God bless your baby girl.

Amber said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! that was so cute. Thanks for making my day a billion times better. I cant wait to meet emily lynn

Jason said...

That was very sweet honey. Thank you. Now I know why you were crying on the bed last night.

I can't wait to meet her too!

Emily Lynn was the right choice...

Shan said...

Man, this had me in tears. And not just because my heart leapt into my throat when I read the part about Emily being with your grandfather. (I *had* read and understood what you were saying before that, but I was still thrown for a loop there. Whew!) This is beautiful.

Elizabeth said...

Your posts always make me smile. And I think that everything you hope for will come to be.

xo -El

jayayceeblog said...

Oh, well, I wasn't expecting tears but this was just so beautifully heart-wrenching. I believe every word and love the picture of your grandpa preparing your new sweet baby girl for this world!