Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm Not A Fan of Jay Leno...In Case You Were Wondering

Oh my honk.
Restless leg syndrome? How about restless body syndrome.

I'd like to tell you something.
Something that keeps me awake at night.
Actually it doesn't really keep me awake at night because it just happened today.

I was in the bathroom, doing what it is you do in the bathroom...
Wait...in case YOU powder your nose and refresh your lipstick...that's not what I do in the bathroom.
As I was saying...I was in the bathroom...
...and I sent Baby Sister this text:

"Do u love me enough to bring me some toilet paper seeing as how I'm in the bano and no hay paper?"
(translated: ...seeing as how I'm in the bathroom and there is no toilet paper)

Guess who didn't get the text because her phone was on silent?

Oh there was a paper towel...it wasn't totally hopeless...

When Baby Sister finally got the text she responded with "Oops."

* * *

When Jason got home Saturday night, after having been gone for 5 days, he gave me a hug and said "You're even cuter than I remember."

That's why I married him.

Here's the other reason:

I walked in the door from work tonight and said, "I need food. I need steak."
That husband of mine stood up, put his shoes on, grabbed his keys, and said, "Let's go."
As we drove to the restaurant I realized that Jason was agreeable for one reason.
He knew I would eat three bites and then be full, and he would have left-overs for lunch.
He was close.
I ate seven bites.

And finally, in case you were wondering...
Antique Roadshow is good late night TV.
Just ask Jason.
But DON'T ask Jason if he thinks the bumps on your ears are what give you vertigo.
He will laugh and tell you you're insane.
And if you mention you think they're getting bigger...these bumps...
He'll roll his eyes and say he'll take a picture of them and then compare them to another picture in a year.
And then...THEN...he'll suggest you post the pictures on your blog and get your blog friends' opinions.

First Baby Sister doesn't bring me toilet paper and then my husband mocks what might be life-threatening ear bumps...

Do you feel sorry for me?

9 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

I'm sorry that I can't feel sorry for you, because, well, you got to go out for steak. :)

And oops, babysister totally needs to make it up to you. :)

Heather said...

I feel terrible for you. Diabolical sister and husband.
Mostly I feel bad for you for the RLS. I had that with one pregnancy. It was horrible.
My hubs used to do the same thing when I was pregnant - eating my leftovers. I think he may almost have gained as much weight as me.

(PS - The Coach guest posted today. Stay away if you don't want to be grounded.)

Cheeseboy said...

Oh yeah, I definitely powder my nose and refresh my lipstick in the bathroom.

Love the late night Antique Road Show. I bet if I could get drunk it would be EVEN BETTER!

jayayceeblog said...

I am laughing too hard to feel sorry for you! Puhleeease don't let anyone take pictures of your ears to post. It can only cause all kinds of controversy with the ear bumps! In addition to Antiques Roadshow, two TV shows we've discovered that are so much fun are Auction Kings and Storage Wars. Highly entertaining and they're valuing antique stuff, too.

Today's Gift said...

Only a little bit sorry. :)

Julie said...

I love stopping by and reading what's happening in your house. Baby Sister, take your phone of silent and at least put it on vibrate, it helps you not miss "those" calls. Ear lumps, take pictures, share...interesting.
Steak, oh goodness, what I wouldn't do for a good steak. Been ages, longer then ages.
Take care my friend. Thank you for your support. God Bless!!

Kristie said...

You are cute! But I don't get what any of that has to do with Jay Leno. Am I missing something? :)

Elizabeth said...

I just got a new phone -- one with great texting capabilities. I'll remember to take it with me into the bathroom . . . just in case.

xo -El

Baby Sister said...

Hey, at least I brought it later!!