Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Seriously

Remember how I've been married for a year?
I've been making a car payment every month, on time, for that entire year.
The credit union has taken my money every month for an entire year.
Today they won't take my money.
Want to know why?
My married name on my check does not match my maiden name.
The same maiden name that has been on my account for the entire year I've been married and making payments.

I say to the person who is helping me, "I totally understand the need for matching names when it comes to withdrawing money.  But why does it matter who pays the bill as long as the bill gets paid?"

They have no good answer to that question.

"So...if my dad, out of the goodness of his heart, wanted to pay my bill you wouldn't take his money?"

No...no they wouldn't.

I drive back to work grumbling and dig out my original marriage license and then drive back to the credit union.

"Here is legal proof that Noelle Platt became Noelle Livingston.  Would you please change the name on my account and take my money?"

And guess what...they wouldn't.
Why?
Because I don't have a copy of my social security card with my married name on it.
For that matter I don't even have a copy of my social security card with my maiden name on it.
Let's be real...who does?

"If I were to pay in cash would you take my money?"  I ask.
Why yes, yes they would.

I'm annoyed people...
And I happened to let the last person I talked to know that in the near future I would look for a banking establishment that actually wanted to take my money.

And that's all I have to say about that.

13 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

I feel your pain! CitiMortgage still won't let me make my house payment! And if the sheriff shows up with an eviction notice ... it's gonna get ugly!

singedwingangel said...

seriously?? Ok well I don't have my social changed to my married name it is still in my maiden name, but my checking account has my married name on it no problem

Diana said...

Crazy! Can't imagine refusing to TAKE money from someone, anyone, wanting to pay a bill.

Dazee Dreamer said...

change banks. or you could take them your passport. It's a legal document. If new employees don't have their social security card, I can take a picture of their passport. do that.

-stephanie- said...

It's not nice to mess with a pregnant woman, don't they know that? Crazy.

Baby Sister said...

Social security card is the one thing I actually do have. I'm sorry they're lame...

Shan said...

Filing that in my WTH?!? bin.

TortugaRachel said...

idiots

TortugaRachel said...

Okay, sorry for my last comment, that was just what immediately came to mind when I read your post. You'd think in this day and age of technology and Internet and whatnot they'd be better able to deal with situations like that.

idiots

Bossy Betty said...

What a pain!!!

MamaMags said...

I had the opposite problem. My bank took the house payment for someone else out of my account for 2 months in a row,totalling over $5,000.00! Annoyed doesn't even begin to describe my emotions over that mess.

Cheeseboy said...

Here's what I would do, take a check to them, have them cash it, then give them the cash for the payment.

Morons.

jayayceeblog said...

Stupid, stupid, stupid! In this economy, you'd think they'd be glad to get a payment from ANYONE, no matter what their name is!!!