Friday, May 13, 2011

I Might Whimper A Bit In The Months To Come

Hayley instead of James?
I don't get it America.

I have these moments where life simply overwhelms me.
Right now is one of those moments.
My job can be physically demanding, and in the past I've been able to deal with that.
In fact, I enjoy getting hot and sweaty, and working hard.
Being 29 weeks pregnant makes that difficult.
And so instead of taking care of the dead tress that need to be moved, or spreading the gravel that needs to be spread, or moving the plants that need to be moved from one part of the nursery to the other I have to wait until someone else does it for me.
There is a project here at work that would take someone ten minutes to do. 
I can't do it because it requires heavy lifting.
I've asked for it to get done no less than seven times.
When I drove into work this morning I saw that the project was still not completed, and all I could do was sigh.

I know that in a few months those limitations will disappear ... but then I'll be faced with a new reality:

-a new born baby
-medical bills
-hospital stays
-surgeries
-a full-time job that I have to keep because of the insurance benefits that will help with the medical bills

...not to mention everything else like laundry, and keeping the house clean, and figuring out how to keep my husband fed...

Jason is great.  Usually when we have a home-cooked meal it's because he cooked it.  He helps with the laundry, and cleaning the house, and in fact, he's the only one who ever makes the bed.

But even with that, I feel like I'm drowning and I haven't even gone in the water yet.

It's going to be okay...it's going to be okay...that's what I keep telling myself.

On a lighter note...
When I was a little girl I spent most weekends at my grandparent's house.
There were two things I could count on:  Kix cereal and graham crackers and milk for a bed-time snack.
Last night as Jason and I were eating our own bed-time snack of graham crackers and milk, I thought of the two boxes of Kix cereal I have in the pantry, and I smiled. 

My weekend will be spent working...I hope yours is not.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I was thinking the same thing about James and Haley!!! I cannot stand that girl. She's so rude to the judges and she just annoys the heck out of me!!! I so thought it would be Lauren and James in the finale and I reeeeally wanted to see James sing with Steven Tyler (who I LOVE btw)!!!

Ok enough Idol...sorry you're having a rough day and I hope someone gets that job done for you. Want me to kick their butt??

Oh, and cereal and milk is my favorite bedtime snack - dates back to my grandparents, too. See, we have tons in common!!

xo

Give Back Today said...

I hope where ever you live you and your wonderful hubby can get out for a walk. Those always help me! You can talk about so much walking a mile and clear your mind. Make list too and then mark them important to non important. Mark them off one at a time!!!

Happy Friday, I work Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday this week :) LUCKY US-we have jobs!!!

Julie said...

Everything will fall into place. Don't worry about things you can't do anything about and don't fret about stuff that really doesn't matter right now. You do what you can and let the rest be.
Sorry I haven't been here in a while. I just spent the last long time reading and reading and reading. Love the new Emily blog, love yours and I wish you all the best.
Take care my friend and God Bless!!!

Shan said...

It can be so frustrating when we have to wait on someone else to do something we're totally capable of when not pregnant!! But good for you taking such good care of Miss Emily the way you do.

And yeah... I love Hayley on many a Wednesday or Thursday night (or whenever we get around to watching)... but really?!

Leslie said...

It IS going to be okay! Just hang in there and take it a day at a time! And enjoy your Kix even more. I secretly love Peanut Butter Captain Crunch.

Beth Zimmerman said...

My life is overwhelming me a bit right now too! God reached down, nudged me, and told me not to give up just this morning! :)

I read a blog post a few minutes ago that just begged to be shared with you. Rae is a precious friend and a wonderful writer. Her blog today is about a baby that the doctors said would be born with major problems ...

http://raefrazier.blogspot.com/2011/05/happy-birthday-son.html