Monday, May 16, 2011

Is It Tuesday Yet?

I'm not a fan of Mondays.
I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again.
My busiest work day is always Monday, and I never have enough time to get everything done.

Do you have any doubt about how much I love my husband?
You shouldn't.
I'll tell you why.
On Saturday I got a text from him that said, "Come to your office please."
I was outside helping a customer and excused myself to go to the office.
There Jason sat, with a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream from Baskin Robins...my favorite.
He walked with me through the trees as I ate my ice cream.
And then he stayed and helped me get some things done.
He lifted, and pushed the heavy carts, and moved the plants, and threw the trash out, and loaded a heavy planter for a customer, and mostly just made sure that I didn't do all of those things.

This afternoon he brought me lunch, warmed it in the microwave for me, swept up the pile of dirt that's been in the middle of the kitchen floor for a week (yes, my office has a kitchen...and I was rebelling...I didn't make the mess in the middle of the kitchen floor and I wasn't going to clean it up), and rubbed my back for just enough time to ease the ache.

As I was walking him to his car he said, "I bought a carpet cleaner and cleaned the spot in the living room, and I got something for dinner so I'll put it in the oven before you get home.  Is there anything else you need me to do?"

I'll never know what I did to deserve him...
But I'm going to keep him.

9 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Good decision! :)

wjmom said...

What a fabulous man! You're a blessed, blessed woman!

My Big Secret Blog :) said...

This guy is straight out of a movie. It ain't fair that he has no clones. Poof- we're friends even. Can't steal the original possibly, can I?

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You do deserve him and he, you.
xoRobyn

Bossy Betty said...

A wonderful partner in life!

Shan said...

Hey, you're pretty wonderful yourself. He's lucky to have you, too.

Heather said...

He is a keeper! He must think you are pretty great too!!
Happy Tuesday.

TortugaRachel said...

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

Jason rocks!!

Marci said...

um...that is just a little disgusting~!:D no, it's really just awesome and you deserve such a nice man.