Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Love

The little guy pushing the swing?
He's seven, almost eight, and he's my oldest nephew.


He says his night time prayers by himself.
He's got a long list of people to pray for.
His mom and four of his aunts are pregnant.
(With both sides of his family, he's got a lot of aunts.)
Last night his mom stopped outside his door and heard him praying.

"Please bless all of the babies."
"And Heavenly Father, if there are any babies that are sick, you can make me sick instead."
"I'm not ready to die Heavenly Father, but you can make me sick."

How do you not cry when your sister-in-law tells you that story?

16 comments:

cfoxes33 said...

What a special young man!

Kristin said...

What an amazing little boy to have such faith to take that upon himself. I have chills...

Amy said...

I assume you already know that the question "how do you not cry" doesn't have an answer right? That boy is a sweetheart - I convinced that most babies who come here are angels, just like him. At least sometimes.

-stephanie- said...

What an amazing heart he has. God bless all of you.

Beth Zimmerman said...

What a precious heart!

Erka said...

Yup, you can not not cry when you hear what he prayed for. I think Heavenly Father is very mindful of your Emily. Pretty sure many many sincere prayers have reached Him on her behalf. (this one a perfect example)I have a gut feeling that she will be your miracle child!

Venassa said...

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard.

Lalis said...

That. Is. Awesome.

I hope I can be the kind of mother that instills such faith in a child.

My Big Secret Blog :) said...

Kids are so very pure at heart. It's beautiful. Love is a blessing.

Heather said...

How do I not cry when YOU tell that story?

That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard.

Bossy Betty said...

What a great kiddo. Such depth at this young age. Wow.

Leenie said...

That melted my heart. What a sweet little man.

ann honeycutt said...

Wow that made me cry. Bless his caring heart and bless your family

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That's too sweet.
xoRobyn

Shan said...

Wow, that is one kind boy.

Elizabeth said...

How do you not cry when you read that on your friend's blog. That is true Christ-like love. Thanks for sharing something so special.

xo -E