Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Trip To The Post Office

Our phones and internet have been down at work since 10:00 yesterday morning.
My brother has called the phone company no less than 17 times.
In our case, the squeaky wheel is not getting the grease.
I snuck away to use my sister's computer to post this blog...
the enter key on her keyboard isn't working.
It's kind of annoying.

Now that I'm here, sitting in front of the computer, I don't really have anything to say.
My head feels dizzy today and my eyes are burning.
I probably should have stayed in bed.

I know, I'll tell you a story about a man who got really mad at me last week.
I had pulled up to the drop-off box at the post office.
There was a car in front of me, blocking the mail boxes.
He wasn't putting mail in the boxes, he was just sitting there talking on his phone.
From the expression on his face, and his hand gestures, I could tell it was a bad conversation, and he was letting whoever was on the other end of the phone have it.
I waited behind him patiently, thinking that at any moment he would look up, see me, and pull out.
He didn't.

I waited several minutes and by this point there was another car waiting behind me.
I finally tapped my horn to let the man know there were people behind him.
Trust me, it was a tap...and barely a tap at that.
I had no other intention, except to let him know that we were waiting for him to move.
That man...
I worried that he might go postal on me.
(Sometimes I crack myself up.)

He looked at me in his rear view mirror and glared.
He raised his arms up as if to say, "WHAT?"
I smiled and showed him my stack of mail and pointed to the mail box.
He just sat there...glaring at me.
Finally, he drove off, but not without making a certain gesture with his finger, and giving me the evil eye the entire time he was at the stop sign.
All I could do was laugh and shake my head.

Before I leave my sister's office I may have to raid her refrigerator.
She's always got Coke in there...and although I'm not a huge fan of it...today may be a Coke kind of day.

Here's hoping that you have sunshine where you are!












7 comments:

Kristin said...

I just do not understand some people. How can you not just sit and laugh??

I hope YOU have sunshine today!!

Heather said...

A coke sounds heavenly!!!!!!

Noelle I know you are pregnant and all, but would you please stop harassing poor old men in the mail box line for no particular reason? That guy is obviously more important than you!! :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

Good grief! I pulled up to the YMCA one day and a guy pulled in beside me. Dilapidated car. Open windows. Full of junk. Crying baby in the backseat. The man hopped out of the car and headed into the Y. I decided to stand up for that child and I said, "Don't you dare leave that baby in this car while you go inside." Him: "I have to pay a bill." Me: "I don't care!" (Not my finest hour perhaps.) So he suggested that I (someone he had never met) should watch the kid since I was so worried. Good grief! I told him that if he walked away I was calling the police. He finally got back in his car and drove away after calling me a few unkind names.

Some times I wish I could just grab children from their incompetent caretakers and take them home as my own!

Beth Zimmerman said...

P.S. Hope you're feeling better, sitting in sunshine, and have a working phone!

My Big Secret Blog :) said...

You just gave me exactly what I needed, today.

I love you.

xoxo

Dazee Dreamer said...

Nothing is worse than your internet not working at work. I feel your pain.

And wow, what a creep at the post office. I totally would have snapped his picture. :)

Cheeseboy said...

Wow, that dude was a JERK! He deserves to have Coke spilled on him!

Coke is good.