Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thinking Up A Title Is Still The Hardest Part of Blogging

Tell me...
Is there something...anything...that will ease the constant pain I'm feeling these days?
Because oh my honk...
Tonight I shed a few tears even...that's how much I hurt.
I had no idea.

Dear Mom,
Triplets and twins?
I don't know how you did it.
Jason just asked me, "Do you want four more kids?"
I suggested we make it through this one and see what happens.
Four?
It's highly doubtful.

I was asked this question today when I answered the phone:
"Is there a man there who knows about trees?"
I sighed a loud sigh and asked, "How about a woman who knows about trees?"
His response?
"Oh...well...sure, I guess..."
All I can do is roll my eyes.

I'm curious.
If I link to my other blog to tell you about our latest doctor's appointment, how many of you will actually click over and read it?

We sleep with our window open.
I was happy and content listening to the rain fall early this morning...until a bird starting singing.
That bird was persistent and annoying.
At 5:30 this morning I got up and shut the window.  It was subconscious, but Jason sighed a happy sigh and snuggled deeper into our down comforter.  Even in his sleep, he was annoyed by the bird.
Admitting that makes me feel like a scrooge.

Here's what doesn't make me feel like a scrooge:
Getting cookies delivered to me at work by friends...both old and new.
Twice in one week...and it's not even my birthday.
Thank you friends.

8 comments:

Shan said...

Okay, I don't know what's aching on ya, but the *best* thing I did for myself with my last two babies was to see the chiropractor as needed. With Mad, that was weekly for four months straight. The only appointment I missed was when I was in labor. With Fynn (and a torn hip muscle... youch!!!), I went whenever I needed, generally not less frequently than ever other week.

Just get a chiro who is used to working with pregnant women. He or she will probably also be able to adjust Miss Emily when she's born (gestation and birth may be natural, but that doesn't mean they're easy on a body).

Lalis said...

I was just reading the first comment, and that reminded me that the same thing has worked wonders for my sister: a chiropractor.

Anyhoo, can I tell you how the other night my neighbor's dog barked the whole night long... And then the birds joined him... And then the sun rose. And that's when I knew that nature kept me up all. night. long.

-stephanie- said...

Yes, I agree with seeing a good chiropractor. I didn't with my first child and boy was I sorry!
Yes I will click over to your other blog. Hope the cookies made you feel better.

Bossy Betty said...

Hang in there. Breathe deep. Time passes and what will be will be.

I am not really helping, am I? Wish I could get some cookies to you....

wjmom said...

I'm scared of chiropractors, but massage therapy can really be just that: therapy, both physical and emotional. Find someone you trust, of course, but I have a friend who is a doula and a massage therapist, specializing in pregnancy massage.

Singing birds are glorious, but not when they are interrupting your sleep. If you're a Scrooge, we all are.

Happy Wednesday!

Heather said...

I don't know what exactly hurts on ya, but I say - put ice on it. My husband could not believe some of the places I iced while pregnant!!

What a tease...there was no link!

Dazee Dreamer said...

You will really wonder how your mom did it when you are up with Emily during the night. And I love your other blog, and I'm so grateful for how your doctors appointment turned out today.

I found myself talking to a bird this morning while getting ready for work. Wondering what it was so happy about beings that it was raining yet again today.

Oh men and their non-trust of women that know their stuff. gotta love it.

Jared said...

I think the birds are just getting back at you guys for all the sling shots you've put them through. :-)