Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Two Bars

That husband of mine is backpacking...and has been since Saturday.
He will be home Friday night.
He has had the trip planned for a year, and felt a strong obligation to go.
His choice to go wasn't made lightly...knowing that he would miss today's appointment with the pediatric cardiologist.
He went with my blessing.  His being here would not change the outcome.
He's in the middle of nowhere, backpacking through a canyon where few have gone before him.
He's somewhere near Lake Powell, where a cell phone tower was recently installed.
And tonight, after climbing to the top of a high point, my husband had cell phone service.
Two bars.

Two bars were enough.
Enough for me to be able to tell him that today for the first time, I heard something other than the worst case scenario.
They were enough for me to be able to tell him, "Your little girl is going to be okay."
We're not out of the woods; our baby girl will be less than a week old when she has to have her first surgery, and 6 months old when she has to have her second surgery, and 5 or 6 years old when she has to have her third surgery.
Two bars were enough to tell him that although the doctor didn't rule out Down's Syndrome completely, he was able to lessen the likelihood. 
Two bars were enough to tell him that I am okay.

Two bars were enough to hear Jason let out the breath he's been holding for 6 weeks.
They were enough to hear Jason tell me how much he loves me...and our little Emily.
Two bars were enough for us to verbally acknowledge God's hand in our lives.
They were enough to confirm our solid belief in prayer and in miracles.
And they were enough to say again...that no matter what the outcome...we are blessed.

Those two bars...well, no two bars were ever more appreciated.

(I promise I'll give you the details...but tomorrow, when I can keep my eyes open.)

26 comments:

Vibha said...

That's great news Noelle. That's fantastic . I would pray even more and more . This is sign from God saying that He is listening to us.
That's great . Really really great and the most overwhelming news I have heard in past one month and I have been waiting so badly for this kind of news from your side. Bravo girls .

Akkila

singedwingangel said...

OH Noelle that is great news, not as great as it can be but good none the less. However God still sits high and looks low and no one ever said a miracle has to happen instantly. He can work it out bit by bit as doctors watch in awe at it happening. He is faithful and I am glad you got those 2 bars

-stephanie- said...

Praising God for two bars!

Continued prayers for Emily's complete healing so surgery will not be necessary.

Dazee Dreamer said...

I am so glad to hear that. And so grateful he had the 2 bars. You have tremendous faith.

Cox Family said...

I am shedding tears of joy.

Brynn said...

I've been waiting to hear the news. Glad it's a little more optimistic. And glad that you were able to talk to Jason.

Bossy Betty said...

Oh wow. Lots of news here. Thinking of all of you....

wjmom said...

And now let us all join in singing Two Bars of praise to heaven for sweet, tender mercies!

Love you!

Shan said...

Hooray for good news and bars!!

I have never had a child go through heart surgery, but I know a rather freakishly large number of mamas whose babies have been through them for vaious reasons in the past year. What I've observed is how much better life has been after a surgery is over. I am certain it will be the same for Emily and you all.

Baby Sister said...

Oh I'm so glad you were able to tell him. So so glad.

Heather said...

Oh. I just let out a sigh of relief.
I understand you still have "miles to go", but it will be so much better now that there is hope.
I hope better and better news continues to come your way.

Taylor said...

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for him."

Lamentations 3:19-24

Joann Mannix said...

I love you. You know the rest.

Lalis said...

*HAPPY DANCE!*

My Big Secret Blog :) said...

I am breathing relief, too. May God continue to bless you all.

adrienzgirl said...

(((((big hugs)))))

For some reason, I feel like that's what you need today.

Love!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Oh Praise God! Noelle, that gave me chills! We'll continue to pray!

AimeeS said...

Praise God! So glad you were able to call your husband and let him know. I will continue to lift you up in my prayers.

emilia. said...

i love you. and that baby. and your cute husband. and i love the mercy of God (for those 2 blessed bars).

Amy said...

Best. Two bars. Ever.

Cheeseboy said...

GREAT NEWS! I bet that was the best part of his trip.

Now... about that crazy OBGYN of yours...

Lula Lola said...

That's great news! I know you're thankful for the good news and the bars to share them!
I hope you continue to get good news!

Sam said...

Those two bars made me smile =]

Jami said...

Prayers for your little family. And a warm cyber-hug. :)

TortugaRachel said...

Even the smallest blessings are still blessings. Prayers for you and Jason. I love you both!

jayayceeblog said...

Such wonderful, good, awesome, great, terrific, blessed news for you and your backpacking sweetie. Now get some sleep and quit worrying! =D