Friday, June 3, 2011

And Now I Think I'll Take A Nap

You know what's fun?
It's going to the hospital for a routine non-stress test and then being admitted to the hospital because your stress test wasn't so 'non'.
High amniotic fluids measure at 25.
Last week I measured 28.
This week...40 something.
"Noelle, do you feel that contraction?" the nurse asked?
I didn't.
A few minutes later, "Noelle, did you feel that one?"
Again, no.

And then 20 minutes later the nurse comes in and says, "Okay, we're checking you in to labor and delivery for a little while so that they can monitor you and see if you're dilating."

I called Jason once I was in the gown and in bed and said, "Remember how I said you didn't need to come with me this morning because it wasn't a big deal?" and then I burst in to tears.  I was still crying when the new nurse came in.

"Oh why are you crying?" the nurse wanted to know. 
The easier question would have been why was I not crying?  I was crying because I was tired, and scared, and sick of not knowing and worrying and and and...oh, and I'm as large as a house.
It was a rough few minutes.

At the end of my little stay in the hospital it was determined that I am having contractions, they are not very strong nor consistent, but they are happening.  My cervix looks good which means that as of today I'm not yet on bed rest, although she let me know that I had rules...very strict rules.

And as a final good measure I got a big fat shot of steroids...not for me but for Miss Emily's lungs.  Because, unless something miraculous happens, it's not a matter of IF I'll go into pre-term labor but WHEN.  A uterus can only take so much fluid did you know?  I asked "do the steroids help with heart growth too?"  They don't.  That would be too simple...and do I need to remind you that I can't go into pre-term labor?  You know, because of the fact that Emily's heart has to have as much of a chance of developing as possible...

Oh...there is this...the nurse was amazed at how stretch-mark free my stomach is considering that it's the size of a cow...

At least I've got that going for me.

PS.  For the love of Walley...would three of you just push follow to get me out of the 297 range?  Please?

16 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry that this has been such a stressful pregnancy for you. I'm praying for you and your little Emily. And if I could, I would become a follower twice!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

You. Do. NOT. Look. Like. A. Cow.

I almost hope that they put you on bed rest because that is the only way you are going to stay down...

(but since it sucks so bad I wouldn't with that on anyone!)

Venassa said...

My heart breaks for you but stay strong <3

wjmom said...

Ditto to what Leslie said. And I doubt you look like a cow. YOu probably look adorable, just like every other pregnant mother looks to everybody but herself. I love you and Jason and Emily.

My Big Secret Blog :) said...

Noelle, the prayers come to you in all sincerity. May those tiny little lungs flourish into perfectly strong and able, well-functioning units. The girl will fight!

Heather said...

I hope ya'll are doing all right now.
I am sure you don't resemble a cow at all!

Bridget said...

Noelle, I can't believe she asked you WHY you were crying. Seriously. Lots of thoughts and prayers heading your way!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

How far along are you? I'm thinking the doctor should have put you on bedrest. ONly because you are such a work horse and feel guilty if you aren't doing anything.

lucky you, little stretch marks. My stomach looks like an elephants skin.

And I totally don't think you look like a house. you nutt

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

And on another happy note, you made it to 300.
Sending all my love and prayers.
Keep faith, hon.
xoRobyn

Beth Zimmerman said...

You're at 300, Noelle! (Share the wealth will ya!) I am so sorry that this has been so stressful for you! I'm glad you know that God is carrying you through and that He has good plans for your precious girl!

Kristin said...

Been thinking about you and praying like crazy. Glad to know they sent you home, that's at least a good sign. Just take it as easy as possible (easier said than done)...let people take care of you, accept the help when it's offered, and ask for it when it's not. God is on your side and everything's going to be just fine!!!

Bossy Betty said...

Well, you got your 300!

Thinking about you. Each doctor's visit is stressful I am sure. Take it easy. Sending you hugs. Praying for Emily.

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

Hi Nicole, I've been catching up with you all this morning. I love your Dear Emily blog. She's going to love it someday, too. I'm thinking of you and keeping it positive. I remember the cow feelings. What can you do? You just have to know that other people do not think you look like a cow no matter what you think. Hugs.

Lalis said...

Oh my gosh Noelle, I've been praying so hard for you and lil' Emily!! Listen to the nurses, Emily needs as much time in the oven as she can get. Maybe it's time for you to hand over work to someone else. It's about Emily now, not about the plants, or the clients, or the non-considerate employees. Emily! Emily! Emily! I'll continue to pray for you two!

Shan said...

I know you have all sorts of extra things to deal with that I did not. But when you said you were due in August, I wondered if you would end up with a trip to L & D in June, too. I had to go when I had exactly eight weeks left before my due date.

Did they do the fibro-nectin test? No fun, but it was nice... and accurate... when my result came back negative. I hope the same is true for you.

Joann Mannix said...

Oh Honey,

I've missed a few of your posts, so I had some catching up to do. I'm praying for the three of you, that the next few weeks will be full of rest and growth and peace. Stay strong. God is with you and Emily. Now, grab some good books, yummy foods, and the remote and put those feet up. Take care, my girl.